Track day worries! Advice please

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADz

Reaction score
Full akropovic race system

I did buy the road version with a cat but after sending the 2nd back because of a loose cat!!! Ive decided to go 4 the race version instead im just worried about getting on track as its 102db so it says anyway.

Any one got one ?

Also thinking about an mwr filter to help ?

Last edited:
ive got the race version. i get 94 to 96 with baffle and 98 to 100 without. easy get through 102's .:)

mines stainless with carbon long can. i think the titanium is very slightly louder but doubt its over 102.

Ok cheers guys mine with the cat was getting 97 guess he was doing it wrong lol

Akrapovič Full Race System

I have an Akrapovič full race system fitted and I've never had any issues with regards to noise testing on track.

Full akropovic race system

I did buy the road version with a cat but after sending the 2nd back because of a loose cat!!! Ive decided to go 4 the race version instead im just worried about getting on track as its 102db so it says anyway.

Any one got one ?

Also thinking about an mwr filter to help ?

The standard can is too loud on ride by for 98db days so best to go on a 'noisy' day if you ride an S1K whatever pipe you've got on

Akrapovič Full Race System

Mine generally measures between the following dB during static noise testing:

99-101 dB - Without Baffle
95-97 dB - Baffle Fitted

Akrapovič exhausts are traditionally quite quiet which can only be a good thing for trackday use.

I kept original headers and replace cats with open pipes keeping the rear valve at a cost of ?100. With AR can, measures 98 static. Very good dyno figures so it CAN be done on the cheap without problems.

Latest posts

Back