track day DB

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neeler400

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
just got this s1k 2012 model late last year and it has a short akra with no baffle. I am going to do some track days this year as a novice ( even though I have been riding litre bikes for years but never on the track) my question is will it pass 105 DB? as the local track is castle combe and that's the limit.
Thanks.

Does it still have the cat? I believe the S1000RR even in standard form is on Castle Combes list of very likely to fail the noise test. Think they have a list of bikes on their site.

yes cat is still on. that's a shame. any other tracks I can try as a novice?

Last edited:
Castle Combe is one of the hardest to pass as it's at 3/4 max revs static. Most 102db days are at 5,500-6000rpm. You should pass those tests with the stubby akro and the cat in place.

If you are a novice and put yourself in novice, the track doesn't matter. The attitude of going out to learn and enjoy is what matters. Follow an instructor for the quickest introduction.

Personally my first track day was at Silverstone in the National Circuit. Its about 6/7 corners and 1.6 miles long do you get plenty of laps in which os great to build experience. I also booked direct with Silverstone as the numbers are small and controlled. The instructors are also brilliant and always happy to help.

Latest posts

Back