Track day crash

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear about your accident. Those grinded engine case bolts are made of aluminium. Should be easy to drill and get out with an ezy out. I would get after market engine case covers, crash bungs and track farings, makes any spill less painful financially. Keep a look out on flea bay, hope you get sorted out soon.

Gutted for you. Ive experienced plenty offs, and the bike is 99% repairable, its just the money aspect. Looking at the damage it looks worse than what it is. There is a lot of BMWs converted to track, so i hope it won't take too long to find the right parts.
As per previous posts if you are temped to continue to do trackdays, a small investment in crash protection can limit the expence of replacing the more costly parts.
BOL with finding the items.

I smashed mine up on a TD when it was three weeks old so I know how gutting it can be. Pretty much the same advice as above - I bought a full set of fairings plus some other bits and pieces from a racer for a grand. That plus a touch up pen for the frame and it was good to go!

Bike rebuild time!!!!

fc1007c1e79fdd536d883bb08aff437d.heic
40EF6A71-6DB8-46F2-9BB7-EADB98750177.jpgC94A3F1C-976C-45E3-8CBD-83CF5E9EFCF6.jpg

So first up new rearsets...

Instructions were ok to work out just takes abit looking at and trying shit out lol!

They went on pretty fine. Just when I bought the bike I ask the guys a bmw to put it in GP shift as I prefer it, but who ever done it has rounded the bolt head where the gear shift road is on FML! So can?t get it offf any tips on getting it off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rounded Bolt

An easy out bolt extractor should work if you can?t get it out using a Torx key.

Bike rebuild time!!!!

fc1007c1e79fdd536d883bb08aff437d.heic
View attachment 3648View attachment 3649

So first up new rearsets...

Instructions were ok to work out just takes abit looking at and trying shit out lol!

They went on pretty fine. Just when I bought the bike I ask the guys a bmw to put it in GP shift as I prefer it, but who ever done it has rounded the bolt head where the gear shift road is on FML! So can’t get it offf any tips on getting it off?

Heat it up to soften the Loctite, maybe force an oversize allen key in. Hate eazyouts, if they snap you are knackered

I've not looked at mine - do you have to mess about with brake light switches for these? Or is that all picked up by the ABS unit?

I've not looked at mine - do you have to mess about with brake light switches for these? Or is that all picked up by the ABS unit?

No I bought a brake switch thinking I needed it but didn?t they provide a brake pin that goes into the rear master cylinder, when you get the instructions just look at them closely as you do use some oem bolts

I?m in work but I?ll post more in detail with photos when I?m home.

Ok so it?s took me a week to post cause I?m f**kin heartbroken!

Last Tuesday out on a track day everything was going well untill the last session at a hairpin, i was in race mode and just hit the apex in the corner and coming out bike all sudden just felt it lost grip and then caught again and bang I was over the handlebars was a really strange one!!

So here?s photos of the bike and if anyone has any spares could they please get in touch!!

Many thanks
Stephen
View attachment 3613View attachment 3614View attachment 3615View attachment 3616View attachment 3617

Stephen hope you get it sorted as cost effectively and as little hassle as poss. Seeing that frame damage just inspired me to fit those Evotech crash bungs i had sat in the Garage for 12 months.....that Engine hanger design especially on the offside sure looks vunerable......

sorry for posting this on the thread but cant get on usuall home page ? is there problems , seems to be asking for premium membership to post ??

Are you still unable to access the homepage?

We?ve experienced some technical issues relating to photo uploading of late, however these have largely been resolved

Latest posts

Back