Track Bookings.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grip pos is the handlebar... But the map rounds up. Anything above 95% the RS2E map interperates as 100%.

I was surprised how little I got to 90+. didn't feel like it but the data doesn't lie.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

booked my first UK days....

24+25th August double header at Oulton with NL.

not been there since i crashed in 2019.....

Nice - the double headers need to be more often to make the trip worthwhile. I think I'll not be able to do this due to Mugello just before.

they are better as long as you have the weather,plus gives me a good couple of days to ease myself back into it

Got my first ever track day booked at Oulton on the 22nd June, I have done a Ron haslem day before but not one on my own bike. Depending on how it goes I may also look at andglesey later in the year as I go over there a lot and heard nothing but good things about that track.

Any advice for gen 4 set up greatly appreciated for the Oulton track

May 5 at Brands GP if I manage to recover my bike from Tony on Tuesday before

Last edited:
Got my first ever track day booked at Oulton on the 22nd June, I have done a Ron haslem day before but not one on my own bike. Depending on how it goes I may also look at andglesey later in the year as I go over there a lot and heard nothing but good things about that track.

Any advice for gen 4 set up greatly appreciated for the Oulton track

I would probably leave the bike in road mode to be honest - if you start getting frustrated with TC intervention then go up to dynamic but Oulton is a twisty track and I've had many a fruity moment there on bikes without any electrical assistance.

Problem with road mode is that the ABS intervention is not aligned with what you're doing. Rear wheel off the ground, sir? Let me release the front brakes for you....

Good to know! I haven't noticed that in road mode yet, and that was doing mid 1.50s round Donington. I did notice the throttle intervention down craner curves and up starkey's bridge though. Dynamic sorted that out.

Bear in mind Race Pro shuts off cornering ABS - if you like to trail brake and aren't a BSB level rider (looking at you BvG) you might still find that useful.

Bear in mind Race Pro shuts off cornering ABS - if you like to trail brake and aren't a BSB level rider (looking at you BvG) you might still find that useful.

say whaaaaaaaaaaaaat ?

Turn off ABS completely, it has no use on track

say whaaaaaaaaaaaaat ?

Turn off ABS completely, it has no use on track

My understanding was that it will reduce the risk of tucking the front wheel if you're trail braking hard into an apex. But if that isn't your riding style then agree it doesn't have much use (unless it's wet!)

My understanding was that it will reduce the risk of tucking the front wheel if you're trail braking hard into an apex. But if that isn't your riding style then agree it doesn't have much use (unless it's wet!)

Have a think on why BMW actively disable their cornering ABS mode in the track modes, and have done since 2016's introduction. They aren't in the business of making things more unsafe...
You don't need it. It's not going to save you on the track. It has nothing to do with trail braking on the road and everything to do with emergency avoidance.

No, it won't reduce that at all.

The only thing that ABS does, it intervenes with your braking making it unpredictable and non-linear. This is the last thing you want when braking from 300 into the turn trailing in.

The thing that will highly reduce the risk of tucking the front is correct line, lean angle and your body position.

A professional rider in 'road mode' will always outride the likes of joe public (us) in any pro mode you choose. So, unless you/we can be that fast why take away the safety features you've paid for? Yes, we all do it, but, necessary? Probably not....

A professional rider in 'road mode' will always outride the likes of joe public (us) in any pro mode you choose. So, unless you/we can be that fast why take away the safety features you've paid for? Yes, we all do it, but, necessary? Probably not....
A professional rider in pro mode will outride any professional rider in road mode. So why bother with road mode at all ? Just delete from the bike, it's useless feature on track.

Latest posts

Back