Track Bookings.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snetterton is a bit chilly today [emoji3587]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yep. Got my 2 sighting laps in and bined it last corner first sesion. Broken left clip on, smashed switch gear and snapped rearset. Repairs carried out so back out for the fourth session.
Tbf theres been a red flag in every group/session so far.

Last edited:
You mean the tight left onto the start/finish straight? Easy to high side there if it's a bit cold or damp.

Wonder if all the red flags is people getting a bit excited on their first day back on track in ages? I'm there in a week - going to be keeping it very mellow!

Trackdays

Having spoken to a few of the instructors with No Limits the first few trackdays of 2021 have seen a ridiculous amount of red flags and quite a few black flags.

Yep. Got my 2 sighting laps in and bined it last corner first sesion. Broken left clip on, smashed switch gear and snapped rearset. Repairs carried out so back out for the fourth session.
Tbf theres been a red flag in every group/session so far.
Which garage are you in?

You mean the tight left onto the start/finish straight? Easy to high side there if it's a bit cold or damp.

Wonder if all the red flags is people getting a bit excited on their first day back on track in ages? I'm there in a week - going to be keeping it very mellow!
God yeah, or not paying attention. Tbf inters hss been well behaved since the red flag ON THE SIGHTING LAPS!

Ahh the smiths bike. I'm in garage 26 (last).

Well I got cleanly taken out on my last track outing in September last year, broke my pelvis, wasn't much fun. 1 lap after the sighting laps ended, guy behind me had got a bit excited overtaking bikes with me and massively outbraked himself, hit my back wheel as I was tipping in and it was game over. So was kind of hoping the lockdown frenzy had had a chance to clear out of people's riding by now, but maybe not?!

Decided to head home rather than chance tomorrow. Weather looks cr*p, cold and wet.

Inters was fun. Lots of full track bikes got to see my numberplate whizz past on the straights [emoji3] (before I parked on the corner).

Decided to head home rather than chance tomorrow. Weather looks cr*p, cold and wet.

Inters was fun. Lots of full track bikes got to see my numberplate whizz past on the straights [emoji3] (before I parked on the corner).

from what ive been seeing on the forums this sounds like the best plan. :) its just too cold and theres too much pent up excitement. :)

So glad the forecast was right, now I don't have to worry about how f**ked I feel today and how a complete lack of riding for 6months means I need to recover!

Managed to meet The Godfather for a whole 2 mins! Hope we can chat properly in future. Bike looked cracking despite the war wounds. The last corner, Murray's was damn slippery mine properly stepped out there and I wasn't on the brakes.

2:15's on road tyres (Diablo Rosso Corsa 2's) I'll take. Need to turn left better, need to stop and go better. Same ol' same ol'

Despite failing to go flat out most of the time, BMW warp speed was never bettered ;)
Screenshot 2021-04-05 at 12.31.04.png

Last edited:
Nice to meet you Alex, I looked in at your garage to find you again but you were on track I think.

We woke up this morning for a late start to the day and as it was blizzarding snow we just came straight home. Just this minute sat down to scourer ebay for parts.
New clip on plus spare
Left switch gear
New rear sets plus spares so selling the gilles rh side.
And new side stand.
The bodywork can stay as is for now.

Sorry to hear about your crash

I have a side stand and left switch gear if you are interested

Last edited:
So glad the forecast was right, now I don't have to worry about how f**ked I feel today and how a complete lack of riding for 6months means I need to recover!

Managed to meet The Godfather for a whole 2 mins! Hope we can chat properly in future. Bike looked cracking despite the war wounds. The last corner, Murray's was damn slippery mine properly stepped out there and I wasn't on the brakes.

2:15's on road tyres (Diablo Rosso Corsa 2's) I'll take. Need to turn left better, need to stop and go better. Same ol' same ol'

Despite failing to go flat out most of the time, BMW warp speed was never bettered ;)
View attachment 5893

How were you measuring these times? Nice stats!

How were you measuring these times? Nice stats!

It's just some of the metrics in the BMW HP Datalogger for the Gen1-3. We're still waiting for the Gen4 to be released AFAIK.

Just looked back at the first session after lunch - it was carnage. Too many big lunches and massive clumps of slower riders. I overtook at least 30...

Last edited:

View attachment 5893

I'm in no way au fait with reading stats, but, in throttle column is that percentage how much you twist the grip or how much it actually gives you ?

I'm in no way au fait with reading stats, but, in throttle column is that percentage how much you twist the grip or how much it actually gives you ?
Unless you use split throttles, dependency is linear and can only be cut by traction control. Unlikely Alex was at the verge of TC kicking in in those conditions

Back