top speeds

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope you'll drop us a draws before and after.

I was thinking about it some time ago, but I'm actually OK with what I get from the bike right now, if I get to this point I will, complain about bike holding me back because of power I'll do this move too, for now I'll watch you guys with great interest how it goes not just the day after but also in long term run.

Eh... pity I can't drop by for the biscuits :(

I've had 181 and i'm a robust 22stone. Didn't realise I was going so fast, soon as I saw speedo I heard wife nagging in my ear "remember you have 2 young daughters to think about now" and was heavy on the breaks.
22 STONE & I thought i was Big !!

I was originally getting there for 9am but I thought fuck it have a lie in and changed it to 1pm. :wink-new: Dont worry I am sure I can take some vids and post em boobtube for you to have a look with the before and after figures. Geoff is happy to chat and explains things so I plan to ask plenty of questions.

Last edited:
Wife says it looks like i'm wearing a yellow thong when i'm sat on bike. :)

Like it ! Im 16 stone and 6ft, and it always makes me chuckle when 6ft , 10 stoners say its an uncomfortable. and 70-80 miles is enough, I find it one of the most comfortable sports bikes ive owned i did 975 miles to scotland and back about a month ago and no problems the following day !

WOW 975 miles in one day, thats going some. Best I managed was 450ish but the day after I was a touch saddle sore. :(

WOW 975 miles in one day, thats going some. Best I managed was 450ish but the day after I was a touch saddle sore. :(

2 days ! Most ive ever done in a day was going to the bol dor in 1998 on a zx6r around the 800ish that was when i was still a boy mind !

671 miles MAnchester to poittier......airhawk seat pad.....priceless
was nearly 17 stone when i did that :)

What a day!! on the way to Hilltop the rear brake was smoking badly adjust rear sets - that was my fault :stupid: Geoff sorted it for me. Geoff is a ladd, while i was waiting for the TT maps to be uploaded, we had some time to chat.

I asked about his history and where he started. He started off doing his degree with Rolls Royce Aerospace, mapping fuel system for RR Turbines as one of his skill sets. he has raced and won 3 championship back in the day 89/90/91 cannot remember which series i thinkit was 250's . he has been involved in racing for many years and still maps ECU's for racers all levels.

My first dyno run was shite standard mapping full akra ti evi 80mm K&N filter was 172 RWHP and 71 foot lbs of torque ( be honest at this point I was regretting selling my other s1) it was the lowest one he had seen not by much tho.

I left the printout there (they will post to me) but post mapping the figures was peaking RWHP at 200 but the end figure is taken as a average. It was a solid 195 with over 91 foot lbs of torque. the top end was very very rich and the bottom was lean - he soon fixed that and then he took it for a spin to check the TC. He wont touch ABS. TC is on even when off only by 3% wont stop you coming off but its there.

He has uploaded 5 maps per mode, also unlocking the ECU secondary TC setting which basically allow them to grow with your riding. I will make the attempt to explain. standard TC works purely on the difference of the rotational speed of the 2 wheels, now it also takes into account throttle position, lean angle and as you get faster the setting will adjust,so effectively will learn your riding, it gets better with time. also it don't spaz out now with that mad bouncing the rev limiter sound.

The ride home told all, midrange is much much better and pulls all the way thru the rev range smoothly. it picks up better and holds better the acceleration is better - smoother to - and not so wheelie mad. it just feels more consistent thru the rev range. I would have to say thumbs up.

I would have paid the money just to stop the TC making that awful noise. He let me film the dynos but asked that I did not film his software - so that was bit of a waste. Cut a long story short as I am more a fast road rider than track, he uploaded a TT map that he wrote and then fine tuned it to my bike. i still have 4 modes but i only need 2 of then now (can still use the 4) Slick for dry and rain for wet, sound familiar? I will try and get a list of the difference's tomorrow.

Definitely worth the £360.

excuse the typos just got back so gotta eat, I am starving...............

Interesting. Although I don't really fully understand the TC. Maybe you could explain in a bit more detail. is the 3% bit.

I thought the standard TC does take readings from the lean angle?
If its got a lot more power, why does it wheelie a lot less?

Interesting. Although I don't really fully understand the TC. Maybe you could explain in a bit more detail. is the 3% bit.

I thought the standard TC does take readings from the lean angle?
If its got a lot more power, why does it wheelie a lot less?

I was asking if in slick mode would TC be off, he replied with no it will be on, but even if you turn it off there will always be a 3% TC on, if you want a deeper answer than that you have to ring him and ask, Geoff will happily explain it to you. As for the more power less wheelies, again from what my limited understanding and is the delivery is smoother. call him and ask, he a nice guy and will explain anything you have to ask him.

My bike pulls hard from the moment you turn the throttle and does it all way thru with - having spent a few quid on upgrades this was well worth it. call him and ask.

Telephone 01455 848522 Email : [email protected]

Cheers for the info, thats the second recomendation in 2 days for hill top.
Think i'll book in with Geoff in the coming weeks.

Thanks

Cheers for the info Lumpy. Couldn't make, well I could of if i wanted to be in Wife's bad books for the weekend.

I was going to have him do mine any how, but this has just made me want it done quicker (wifes fault for booking a surprise holiday for my birthday next month, which i'm paying for...go figure).

Mine on local Dyno peaked at 169bhp, and Geoff did say it was lowest he had ever heard of.

Just 1 question: Slick for dry, wet for rain. Does that mean Sport and Race are practically untouched?

Interested in his comments about the TC - is he claiming the BMW TC only measures wheel speed differences as standard? Most other TC systems do that, but it even goes into detail in the manual about how it also takes lean angle into account on the BMW system. Is he claiming BMW are lying in the manual?

Glad you found it worth doing i knew once you rode the bike after it was set up you would notice the difference. I think a lot of people dont believe the difference the setting up makes to the bike. My impression was that it makes it more rideable how BMW should have set it up.

No Worries - I was quite careful with what I shared with you as well as what I didn't. I didn't want to pose more questions that i answered, after all i am just giving you regurgitated info from Geoff. Bottom line my bike pulls like a jet all the way thru the the range, I kid you not. it is sooo smooth, and hard/fast acceleration. I started off with 172 RWHP and 71 FLBs torque. He uploaded 20 maps 5 for each mode that took 25 mins. then tuned the maps to my bike, then tuned each gear. last dyno showed 195RWHP and 91.5 FLBs torque. so all mode are done, but he said as I practically have a BSB bike, i will only need slick for dry and wet for rain, but all modes are tuned. If you want full force out of your S1 "SLICK" is the way forward.

Shug, I would drop him a line and ask him - honestly i don't remember exactly what he said, except that it is now working as it should. BMW tell lies dread the thought:jaded: if you want i will call him back and ask him for you. I know it don't spaz any more that's for sure.

He also said that my ECU now configured can learn my style of riding and adjust the TC and is self learning and will get better. not sure about that one?

But do you know what, the riding is always the acid test, all I know is the words chalk and cheese spring to mind.

Ekdg - you are right a massive difference - this is how it should have been but they set generic maps for the world as does everyone else.

sticking a full system on a s1 with no sensors with cause the fuel maps to go all over the place. mine was really bad. BM say it does not need a re mapp but of course they are not lying.:cool:

Anyway sun is out and bike has a full tank - I am offski..............

Cheers

Back