Tom Sykes and Shaun Muir Interview

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stumbled across your post Alex , FYI I was in Misano in June last year for the WSBK round 5 & had paid for the BMW SMR VIP hospitality pass for the race weekend, this is a package you can buy & gives you the full SMR/BMW hospitality access including paddock access plus some other perks,

Funny story I was in the VIP hospitality area getting a coffee & got chatting with a what i thought was a team guy & asked what his role was in the team & he said im the team owner , it was Sean Muir , i can 100% tell you from his facial expression & body language his ego was bruised LOL,

Also met Scot Redding (and his manager) who had his wife glued to him for any photo opportunity , just saying & had a chance to have a quick chat with him , watched the racing from excellent grandstand seats & had great access to the team paddock area/garage with a guided tour of the garage from Sean.
Met Tom Sykes on the way back home as he was on the same flight back to London , hes a really nice guy & very chatty.

Highlights of the BMW/SMR Hospitality suite for me was the introduction to Bandero Tequila coffee liquor which is part of the RoKit drinks group , The non compete clause for Tequila Patroon has now expired so the Rokit owners who used to own Patron & sold the business are now using the RoKit drinks group for this tequila & its awesome i can vouch for it.

https://shop.rokitdrinks.co.uk/bandero-tequila/bandero-cafe#70cl-bottle
In summary , i would highly recommend Misano for any WSBK hospitality but in all honesty just drink in the WSBK atmosphere at the track for "1" day dont buy the weekend package its not worth it the TV coverage is much better & easier to folloow even with the big screens at the circuit , Stay in riccione & fly into Rimini.

Great bars & beach plus a great water park nearby .

Also now with Toprak oon the team i reckon itll all get booked out quickly , i have already booked my spot .........

Latest posts

Back