Throttle response poor after overrun??

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like i say even after a custom map mine still does it. The tuner (does bsb bikes) said it was 100 % down to not being able to fuel the low revs properly with a full system on. I should get a secondary fuel model but it doesnt bother that much to spend another 200 quid

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I agree Jay. I'm on the dyno tomorrow which I hope may show something. I also need to stop her down and make sure breathers etc are routed correctly. I've got a baffle in the Arrow already. I've tried it with that out too. No difference.

Hope you get on well at the Dyno tomorrow Phil!
I?m genuinely intrigued of what the issue is, and am keeping fingers crossed that it?s a straight forward, and not overly expensive, solution [emoji846]

RWHP. My tuned '17 hit 194 w/ akrapovic system at HM racing.
~182 before the tune with the same exhaust.

Last edited:
Definitely a weird one buddy as the Hm shifters are very good for that generation s1000rr.
The dyno will be ramming air in so guess u will find out for certain either way , good luck buddy . Post up ur dyno charts after please

Shifter has nothing to do with AF ? Personally, I didn't get on with the HM shifter, even had it at HM for setting up, sure it was a contributing factor for a box change. Went back to OE and wondered why I changed in the 1st place.

Update! So after strapping her on the dyno we couldn't do a run because we needed the dtc off. This wouldn't turn off?!!! Possible faulty switch gear? But the low revs run we did said running very lean. He said it was the Arrow stubby that was the problem? So now I need new switchgear, alpha probably then he recommended power commander V to try and tune the a/f ratio. I questioned the bazazz but he thought the power commander did fuel enough at lower revs and it was the most used fueling mod. So now I'm gonna put the standard pipe back on and see if it cures it to prove a point before buying the pcv. My question is, what ar all the cables on the standard 2011 Exhaust and do I have to connect them? I think the rear is for the control valve and is ok left open. But the front valve?? Thanks boys.

Which dyno?

You need all 8 injectors tuned, whatever the device, don?t settle for less.

- Sent from Mobile

Don’t get why u need to re install the old system to prove a point . A dyno tuner should know the exhaust has opened the flow of air resulting in the map requiring adjusting. U don’t need a bazzaz or pcv just a Ecu tune but a module would be better for further mapping or running numerous maps.
And either of the two will suffice for ur year.
Change dyno centres buddy , it just don’t sound right.

+1

I agree with the above, you need access to all 8 injectors to tune the lower rev range properly.

There?s nothing wrong with using a PCV, but you must add the Secondary Fuel Module.

I can?t see any benefit to reinstalling the stock system to see the AFR change. You already know it?s running lean, so some fuelling correction is required whatever module you choose

The reason I want to put the original pipe on is to see if my original issue resolves. Poor response after overrun. If it resolves the issue I'll know it's a fuelling issue with the Arrow stubby and then put a fueling module on to resolve with the arrow. I'm not totally convinced it's fuelling. Possible throttle issue? Or ecu? Whenever I grab a handful after overrun it coughs then go's! I need to illuminati the cough. It's a problem when blipping on downshifts.

Good info Jay thank you. It happens at all revs. It just seems to be after any overrun. Doin my head in!! Today I've learnt that it doesn't happen when engine is cold? What does that tell us??

Hi folks, just wondering if this issue was ever resolved? Out in Almeria at the moment and having a nightmare getting to know the new bike. It’s a 2010 and presenting these same symptoms. Low revs out of pits etc almost like its running on 3 cylinders then clears higher up rev ranger and after a couple of laps much improved.. trying to figure it out but to be fair it’s taken the edge off the trip a bit!

Latest posts

Back