Throttle response poor after overrun??

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bike has apparently been set up with akrapovic pipe, power commander and decat. I didn’t get the akra pipe when I bought it so the original seller had stuck the original can back on. The power commander was also removed but was given to me as an extra. I’ve reconnected the pcv tonight at the end of the last session but don’t expect it to make much difference as if I understand this correctly the lower rev injectors are not controlled by the pcv. It’s got me scratching my head and wondering if it’s even as simple as a dodgy plug or coil. It’s rideable above 6-7 k but low revs are snatchy... any thoughts appreciated. I suspect it’s gonna be a full strip, new plugs and a dyno session when I’m home..

Mine ('17) can sound liuke its on 3 till it's warmed up too. But that's a RapidBike adjustment issue I'm working on - it certainly isn't a stock feature.

I'd probably be inclined to warm it each morning before the track and then take it to BMW when you're back (for fault checks). The Secondary Fuel Module can be added to your PCV and I'm sure a good tuner can make it sing.

Thanks Alex, yeah that’s my thoughts too.. frustrating when ur out here but was always a gamble buying the bike and shipping it out without having a chance to check for these niggles. Overall it’s good and the Suns shining ����

Never ran my '10 or my '15 with secondary module and had no problems ?
FWIW, from cold, always run mine up to 60c then switch off for 15-20mins to heat soak throughout, then time you get out of pitlane will be up to normal temps...

Last edited:
Bananaman... cheers. Connected up power commander this morning and did exactly as you suggested and very minimal issues in first session. Tyre change for second and been carnage since. Currently on an extended lunch due to an ambulance shortage ��

Latest posts

Back