Thanks for the add!!!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soulie26

Reaction score
Hi Thanks for the add - I'm both new to forums for any bike makes and to riding non Japanese bikes but mates have RRs and others have XRs. So bare with me - I have ridden my mates bikes - both are great bikes but the XR is a bit tall for me - hence my RR purchase. But my purchase is not from a dealer and riding home with my new pride and joy. My experiences so far consists buying at auction (scary) and repairing a CAT D 2015 bike - it's my winter project. Repairs have gone well so far. Damage was mainly cosmetic but I'm still missing a few parts so would appreciate a bit of help in locating these before I resort to Coopers in Sunderland in the spring - Needs:- rear brake cylinder plunger and fixings to connect to rear brake pedal. Anyone got one or know where I can get one - would consider complete cylinder unit. Anyone know if the pre 2015 bikes or other BMW models had same unit?
- rear brake pedal fixing bolt.
- fairing bolts including standard and shoulder type - hope I've got the terminology right
- performance chip. Are these unique to individual bikes or just a standard upgrade?
I look forward to replies
- rear seat cowl
- black fairing RH front

I'm still waiting for the bikes V5 from the salvage yard and appreciate sensitivities of posting on a forum that I've bought an insurance write off that was recently someone's pride and joy. Whilst I don't really want to think about how the bike was damaged or it would be good to know if the previous owner was ok and that i was able to make contact about missing paperwork. Once I have the V5 I will have to make some sensitive enquires as I'm missing the service book, manual and like I have said the performance chip that is usually issued after the 1st service. But in meantime if anyone knows who previously owned a 2015 Black RR that was bought from Coopers Sunderland in April this year which was written off sometime in the past few months ago and you feel that you can pass on info or if you owned the bike please let me know.
Looking forward to replies and to getting out in the bike next spring.
PS I'm suffering cabin fever already!!!

Hope the project continues well...

I don't know about the rear brake parts 2015 v prior, but realoem part number cross checking should help. The rearsets design was changed for 2015 so I expect a number of differences.

Performance chip is the slick plug, generic plug not bike specific.

fairing bolts - eBay? Or dealer. Design changed in 2015 but same sizes and aluminium.

fairing and cowl - eBay or here. Pillion seat perhaps?

service book and manual are the same book (wasn't sure if you knew that from your post).

I travel a fair bit between Leeds and Northumberland so maybe see you out when the bike is sorted?

Hi Soulie, welcome to the forum and good first post. I did a similar project on a HP4 last winter too and sold it when I was finished. The insurance companies usually keep the service manuals for some reason but you can easily get one from any BMW dealer and Coopers will be able to stamp it up and sign it as the services are all held on their computer. You shouldn't have any trouble getting the parts on eBay as so many people are making race bikes there are always road going parts being sold.

Good luck with your new bike and enjoy the build.

JimmyMac

Thx for quick response and help
For some reason Coopers who can find bike on their records as a bike they sold can't find any service history - they suggest that the previous owner has asked for details to be removed - strange that the service history had gone along with the nuisance mail - hopefully I can make contact with previous owner once V5 arrives - if not I'm running out of options
Got most bits of eBay. Got some great contacts for cheap zero mileage parts -

I've got a couple of race bike builders promising me the next black body kit but if price is right I would buy just the fariing How do we PM re sorting out a deal.?

Hi again - will defo like to meet up and I'll buy the bacon butty and brew as thx for all your help - fingers crossed I'll see you in the spring
eBay is great for parts - built a Cat D blade a few years ago - full genuine Honda Repsol kit for ?600 - no idea how much that would be from Honda

Back