Temp on normal riding 15 s1000rr

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helrazzer

Reaction score
What temp does everyone's bike run at?
if I ride at 40to 50 miles an hour my temp stays at about 90 degrees
if I'm in any sort of traffic it's at 100 degrees
is this normal?
If im on motorway it's mid 80s

'12 - 70Mph in the 70's. 80-90 going slower...
Commuting it's like 95-103 permanantly. I wish there was a way to keep the coolant going through the engine after switching off...and the fan. Hate just leaving it after it gets over 100...

Doesn't take long for the fan to kick in standing traffic compared to the GSXR.

ive noticed since fitting the rad guard the temp has been running a couple of degrees higher ??

Mine runs 90-104 in traffic, the temp drops very quickly when the fans kick in though, seems like a refreshingly well-devised cooling setup after the VFR800!

One thing I've noticed is that my right buttock seems to get hot in traffic too. At first I didn't think anything as I'm used to the VFR's underseat exhausts, but it got me wondering what's under the seat....

Will do, less direct air flow. Think I read somewhere there was a warranty prob fitting guards because of this, some dealer refused to fit them.
36c air temp on track at Almeria last year. Wouldn't want a rad guard on in that temp.

Mine runs 90-104 in traffic, the temp drops very quickly when the fans kick in though, seems like a refreshingly well-devised cooling setup after the VFR800!

One thing I've noticed is that my right buttock seems to get hot in traffic too. At first I didn't think anything as I'm used to the VFR's underseat exhausts, but it got me wondering what's under the seat....

Nothing lol, abs and electrics

Latest posts

Back