Tax Disk

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penpals

Reaction score
I have a smoked sports screen so of course my tax disk does not show through. Any suggestions where best to attach the disk , and what holder to use? BMW not been any help over this.

On my s1000 I have it in a circular waterproof cyclinder, which is attached to the back of the number plate and thread locked. Not massively secure, but I don't leave the bike out much. On my other bike I keep the tax disc in a drawer, and the original tax discs rom when I first got the bike is in a manky unreadable tax disc holder attached to the front forks. Never had any issues....

Local IAM group keep telling me the s1's tax disc is not in a legal place, but local police often look over the bike when I'm parked in a cafe, and they only ever want to chat about the bikes performance.........

I would never put a tax disc in the windshield as it doesn't look good. I was actually quite taken aback when I collected the s1000 (brand new) and the dealer expected me to put it there and didn't even provide a cheap holder for the forks....

Last edited:
Like several others it says in the drawer at home and has been for the last decade. It can be easily checked over the phone so don't worry about it.

Inside the fairing, under the headlights. That's where it was when I bought the bike new from the dealer, stayed there ever since.

so apparently i'm the only one who actually has the disc visible on my bike?!
1003434_10152024570578032_1904305346_n.jpg

Mine is on the base of the front forks - in a holder that I thought was standard BMW - must be a dealer thing. It's the one thing on the bike that's showing some rust, so I'll probably dump it soon and keep the disc in my wallet...

I have the same tax disc holder as boardsofnorfolk but mine is fixed on to where the passenger foot rests used to be

No need to worry after the first of October this year as they are being abolished. Electronic register monitored via ANPS vehicles. Government will make money on admin costs plus you can no longer sell on the tax with a vehicle....

Latest posts

Back