Tank pad

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loupe

Reaction score
Is the Motorrad tank protector the same for all models? I'm going to order one for the new bike.
Thanks.

Lol no refund BM and had to haggle hard for a replacement. I enjoyed the bike when it was being used so happy to have another. Fingers crossed :encouragement:

Oh i see! Yep nothing for nothing it seems from BMW. Dealer had to swallow the costs and gave me a discount on HP parts so no chance of getting anything else thrown in

So does anyone know if it's the same tank pad for previous models? Wasn't on the dealers system so I wanted to check.

I also looked into this. The dealer told me that the tankpads for the 2015 model are different to the previous models AND they cost ?30 plus VAT!!!!!!

Also searched online, but can only get the BMW Motorrad ones from the dealer.

In the end I went for the motograffix one - looks brilliant and the quality is fantastic.

I also looked into this. The dealer told me that the tankpads for the 2015 model are different to the previous models AND they cost ?30 plus VAT!!!!!!

Also searched online, but can only get the BMW Motorrad ones from the dealer.

In the end I went for the motograffix one - looks brilliant and the quality is fantastic.

As far as I know the tanks are the same, my 2015 pad looks like my 2010 was

BMW Tank Protector

I have a BMW Tank Protector fitted to my bike. It was supplied free of charge by my dealership when I took delivery of my S1000RR.

P1020482_zpscvigcqpv.jpg

Richy170, is that design exactly the same as is on the rear just under the pillion pad ? Looks good , I also got a freebie pad from the dealer which I've not fitted as I have venture shield and also blck pad on white tank doesn't do it for me.

Back