Tank pad.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pauly

Reaction score
I want to buy a tank pad for my black bike. Quite like the look of the Motorrad version, but ?40 seems extortionate to me. So does anyone make a clear plastic tank pad?

Thanks. How about the 3M paint protector stuff, don't want the whole tank protected, just where my jacket rubs against it.

Eazigrip do a PPF tank kit which has that piece. I did exactly that on my last one.

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I think the clear ones on black don?t look as good, I went with Eazi-Grip for mine the Evo version I think, can?t remember what each of their versions are called, I?ll get a pic of mine so you can see.

Just checked and that?s the Evo version, I had stuck a set on my wife?s GSXR 600 before I purchased some, she got the Pro version and they do a silicone version. Their website shows you the differences.

Pro version fitted to her bike to give you an idea

Got a view on the pros and cons of Evo vs Pro Wull?

tbh I think it?s just a case of what look you prefer, for me personally I liked the look of them both, the wife preferred the look of the Pro and I think the Pro offers a good blend of grip etc when needed but aren?t too aggressive on leathers.

For me I wanted the Evo because of track days and wanted the best grip on offer, I?m pleased with the Evo version and think it goes well and suits the bike. I don?t think you?d be disappointed with either or.

Turns out the Eazi-Grip is a bit narrow for my 6 pack :smile-new:, and moving around is marking the tank either side of it. So I'm thinking of using something like 3M or helicopter tape to extend the width. Anyone used either of those?

Turns out the Eazi-Grip is a bit narrow for my 6 pack :smile-new:, and moving around is marking the tank either side of it. So I'm thinking of using something like 3M or helicopter tape to extend the width. Anyone used either of those?

Eazi Grip do a PPF kit for the tank. Could get that.
Another alternative is a large carbon pad like this. https://rpmcarbon.com/products/bmw-s1000rr-carbon-fiber-tank-cover-2020-2019-protector

But yes a sheet of 3M PPF and wrap it yourself will do too.

Last edited:
Thanks, do you know if the 3M PPF is clear and gloss finish? In pics on ebay it looks a bit cloudy.

Latest posts

Back