Tail Tidy 2014

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimglasgow

Reaction score
Any thoughts folks on a good tail tidy, seen the Yoshi one, just not sure I can get a plate to fit.Get mixed stories on the RG one

Jim

I wanted a D3 components one, but fed of waiting, so I put a R&G one on, it fitted well, I hacksawed the bits where the indicators attach and painted it, as I have flush mounts on the underside of the tray. It looks okay I have a full size plate on it.

Just ordered the D3 with the extra plate to convert it to extreme (plan to get Watsens mounted on the tail fairing at some point)

I've got a RG one, was only one out almost 3 years ago. I have it cut down alot, and is far more "extreme" than the D3 one.
IMGA0311.jpg

Oh I do like Ross! Had any trouble with the rear indicators in the rear light from the police?

I have the Evotech one fits excellent also fits the indicators on nice and compact underneath. Had the R&G one first only had it on a week made the indicators stick out too far and was not made as good as the Evotech check it out on there website

I was going to go for the Evotech over the R&G for the simple fact the indicator wires/bolts are at least hidden on the Evotech one. Had it not been for finding the D3 which has the option to change the plate brackete to indicatorless I would have gone that way.

Apparently is the D3 standars that are not readily available - the Extremes on the other hand are. I will post up pics with my 7x5 plate once I get it sorted although its going to have standard indicators on it for several months.

What is 3D , does the Evotech have a LED indicator lamp?

looking forward to seeing your pictures

Aggghh. I need these in my life!!

Just trying to come to terms with drilling the fairing.

D3 will still have the indicator holders there though. I wouldn't mind one with just a plate holder and no side bracket for the indicators.

I have a set of BMW LEDS will fit on looking for set for front, i like the insets but only seem to be available from states

I wouldn't mind one with just a plate holder and no side bracket for the indicators.

Use a dremel and cut the side brackets off, that's what I did. Admittedly easier with R&G cos it's not metal.

If you live close enuff, i have the dremel.

Back