Tail Tidy 2014

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aggghh. I need these in my life!!

Just trying to come to terms with drilling the fairing.

The d3 has an option to have one without the side plates or, as I have done, you can buy the extreme and then swap the bracket (?10) over to non indicators.

Yeah Watsens are Canada only and about 2 month lead time but so worth it. Had them on my 600RR and will be getting them for the s1k

+1 For Daz @ D3 Extreme. I will try up upload some photos of it on the bike when I get a chance.

Cheers
James

Ive got an R&G one on mine, not to keen on how much it makes the indicators stick out.
Ill be fitting an integrated tail light at some point though an moving the number plate to the back of the battery box.

Here's mine... (I usually have a black an yellow plate fitted the same size)

Ooooooo. Some photos when it's done if you please. I've got the integrated tail light and have been thinking about losing the standard indicators and putting the plate back, but no idea how it would look, and how the police would take to it.

Yeah they'd look good. Shame mines the older version of s1000

"competition werkes" make the actual full eliminator kit, so loads of pictures online.

Ive also looked into getting a set of these too if the integrated light isn't visible enough....

http://www.motodynamic.com/flush-mount-rear-in-vent-led-turn-signals-2012-2014-bmw-s1000rr-hp4.html

I looked at them the other day but not sure since it looks pretty cheap on the back side which you would see and I assume vents are there for a reason.

That said, Watsens means drilling a hole in my fairing :/

also looked at integrated tail lights but put of due to being completely illegal and not very obvious at times. MOT will need oems fitted to pass as apart from distance etc it can not interfere with brake light..which it does since one 1/2 is now flashing orange.

I don't think they look cheap atal.
I can't see the vents being that important as none of the track fairings I've seen have them and the 2010/11 never had them either.

I'm unsure on the legality of an integrated light come MOT time. Would be good to see if anyone's had an MOT with theirs fitted.

Ok not cheap but solid plastic block instead of shaped vents (talking about from above, think underneath will look awesome). Be better than drilling fairing certainly.

It might not just be MOT problems as Traffics might take an interest in distance between lamps being zero. (Must be 180 mm)

It's true with the intergrated tail light, MOT's could be a problem, my MOTer will overlook it. But it's a 5 minute job to put OE bracket and indicators back on for an MOT if needed, no need to remove other indicators just make sure they aren't wired up.

How are you splicing cables to retain stock connectors? Looking at t-taps but look less than ideal solution?

Would like to see integrated lights in action as not convinced it gonna be enough to let my riding buddies know my actions

My mates say they can tell which way im indicating, but the wife when following me says she can't, but she can tell i am indicating so slows down a bit anyway

Just been reading the vent mounted ones look good but could be brighter. Think I'll go with the Watsens.

Back