Suspension data logging

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fmo

Reaction score
What is the easiest (most economical) way to get suspension data from K67 with standard wiring loom (not M-RCK)?

Sent fra min SM-G970F via Tapatalk
5d311ae7ff74e769ebd3ca0ec56eba71.jpg

Suspension Datalogging

For the K67/K66 (using the OEM wiring loom) you need to buy a 2D front potentiometer, alpha Racing mounting kit and BMW M Datalogger (+ Activation Code). The bike already has a rear potentiometer fitted as standard. This will allow you to log front and rear suspension data (DDC or aftermarket suspension) without going to the expense of purchasing the MRCK.

Thank you very much! I already have the front potentiometer and thought that I then could get data through my AIM Solo2 DL, but I cant get any useful readings from that. Running K-Tech front and rear.

Thank you very much! I already have the front potentiometer and thought that I then could get data through my AIM Solo2 DL, but I cant get any useful readings from that. Running K-Tech front and rear.

Hmm I thought I got 2D pot sensor data with that setup. Are you sure its configured right? Have you asked Aim?

As for overall cost. 2D/BMW and AIM Solo 2 DL are the same cost.

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

Here is data from Solo2 DL. Strange front damper readings from -10 to 41 mm, very on and off. Could it be a faulty sensor? I purchased it used. Sorry for bad picture from laptop screen.
c40f4bf13bfcf66738a0cb468daf1c9a.jpg

It definitely should look more like the rear one.

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

have you checked the settings for the damper reading? looks like it's set at a very low sample rate. also have you calibrated it? easiest way to see if it's faulty is to put a live reading up on the solo of the front pot,unclip the bottom of the damper and manually push it up + down, see what the readings are saying.

if it is faulty, i've got a spare front pot (not 2d, penny+giles, it's what Aim use in thier loggers), would just need the 2d plug fitting on as it has the round Aim plug on it

Thanks for very good input, I haven't access to the bike right now but will check the sensor as soon as I can.
1. How do you check/change damper sample rate on the AIM Solo?
2. Is the damper calibration done with no load on the wheels (central stand or resting on footpegs) or with wheels on the ground?

from memory (been a while since a did front damper).

damper rate, with a session open, right click on front damper, in the sub box, it has plot scale min+max, change that to give better parameters (max 100mm min -20mm i'm set at). just take note of what yours are now, that might be why your'e geting strange readings?. apply+exit. see what the graph looks like after that.

cant remember exactly about the calibration, you will be able to do it via the aim stuff for logging purposes, but jus see how you get on with the above 1st, if still no joy, i'll dig into the depths of my brain to remember how to set it on the s/w ;)

i cant get my head around the 2d s/w, cant teach an old dog new tricks :)

Thanks again! Probably user error... I did nothing of this, just plugged in and expected it to work :)
Now I have a lot of info to work with.

May or may not be of help but I had an alternative front sensor which would only work outside of the fork travel area (sent back) Would it show up manually working the sensor to see readings which is how I found out? Technical idiot here ....

May or may not be of help but I had an alternative front sensor which would only work outside of the fork travel area (sent back) Would it show up manually working the sensor to see readings which is how I found out? Technical idiot here ...

from memory (been a while since a did front damper).

damper rate, with a session open, right click on front damper, in the sub box, it has plot scale min+max, change that to give better parameters (max 100mm min -20mm i'm set at). just take note of what yours are now, that might be why your'e geting strange readings?. apply+exit. see what the graph looks like after that.

cant remember exactly about the calibration, you will be able to do it via the aim stuff for logging purposes, but jus see how you get on with the above 1st, if still no joy, i'll dig into the depths of my brain to remember how to set it on the s/w ;)
Graph looks much better now when I followed your description and changed plotting scale (default setting was max 1/ min -1).
Fork travel still not correct with only 51 mm in total but I am getting closer to something ;-)

i'm getting about 100mm max travel, have you changed the scale on the side bar, roll over number bar on left of graph and use you mouse wheel to adjust graph scale

May or may not be of help but I had an alternative front sensor which would only work outside of the fork travel area (sent back) Would it show up manually working the sensor to see readings which is how I found out? Technical idiot here ....

it will on the solo dl yes

Latest posts

Back