Alpha fast shift sensor

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fmo

Reaction score
In my garage now installing Alpha fast shift sensor, but the connecting plug wont fit. The tab is in different places OEM and Alpha (see picture). Anyone else seen this or am I missing something?,
2dc4a380924ac8edb715f85e007872ee.jpg
1549f941e028986d488811abc67f4c8d.jpg
2068576be30f07176cba4edec8286d9c.jpg

Sent fra min SM-G970F via Tapatalk

Whats the FSS part number? Was it brand new? Wondering if its the K46 part, as that looks the same but doesn't fit the K67.

The numbers on plastic bag and receipt is correct for K67, but of course there could have been some mix up at Alpha or producer Lohmann. I have emailed them but dont expect to hear from them in the weekend.
0b584cfd9989c0275813512e45e844d7.jpg

stick a picture up of it. i've got pics of my gen3 1, see if it's the same

we need someone with one that?s fitted no probs to remove the connector and take a picture of the connector on their one. You can see from the picture that I?ve taken of the female connector that the QS loom connects to that the slot for the plastic part is slightly off from centre at the 2nd pin. On the connector that?s on your Alpha fast shift it?s more towards pin 1 where the plastic part will foul the female connector. It could be a bad batch possibly where it?s not where it should be or they?ve bagged it up wrong and sent one for another year.

Solved. There has been a batch with wrong connectors from the factory.

Hope they can help out with the duty...
Question, can you just remove the tab?

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

Correct Alex, it is just a question of removing the tab. I got the choice of returning it (free of charge if course) so Alpha could do it or fix it myself. I will do it myself[emoji106]

You probably could but you would run the risk of damaging a pin. I?ve just had a look and to me it serves as nothing more than a guide so you don?t damage the pins by trying to fit it slightly squint.

it also looks as if there is a guide to the side on the female connector but I can?t see inside the QS male connector without removing it to see if there?s a cutout there, if there is and that acts as a guide then you could easily remove the tab.

There is some sort of guide/support on the side of the male connector also, so I am sure that with some care when connecting it will be fine. Hopefully this will not be unplugged on a regular basis[emoji1696]

Thought so, that guide at the side will be all that?s needed tbh, I remove mine every so often to remove the sprocket cover and give it a right good clean in and about that area.

Latest posts

Back