Superstock TT bikes

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_maz

Reaction score
Just looking at the TT race results and times for today's superstock race. BMW are doing really well as I'm sure everyone has seen.
Looking at Hutchis speed, he is going through the speed trap at 190mph.
Does anyone know what difference these bikes have compared to the actual stock ones out the factory?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just looking at the TT race results and times for today's superstock race. BMW are doing really well as I'm sure everyone has seen. Looking at Hutchis speed, he is going through the speed trap at 190mph. Does anyone know what difference these bikes have compared to the actual stock ones out the factory?

*Superstock for the heading. Don't know how to change it.

*Fixed heading

Superstock can be tuned...but I'm not sure how far. They'll all be ~210HP IMO.

Last edited:
I believe its just the exhaust, rear shock, fork internals, footrests and handlebars that can be changed plus obviously removing / changing the road gear such as lights, stands and fairings.

Last edited:
Last edited:
The FIM rules made for light reading! Unless I've missed something the extent of engine tuning is an exhaust and a remap using the std or limited budget ECU to a value of €3k

Good! They can probably take the HP4 calipers and HPK's.

Hutchy (and others) today putting perspective on what a relatively standard S1000RR is capable of in the right hands

Hutchy (and others) today putting perspective on what a relatively standard S1000RR is capable of in the right hands

Yeah just what I was thinking mate when reading the speeds and times they are producing.

Can't actually be that much difference in the out the box s1k and what they have judging by the rules.

It's more about the rider and setup than the machinery.

And cos it's the TT, size of balls is a major contributing factor :).

Gotta love it.

Hutchinson on doing a 133mph lap on a SuperStock S1000RR
“The Superstock bike is so close to a road bike it’s unbelievable. I think in the past you’d have to change quite a bit from a road bike but with what the BMW comes with as a road bike you don’t have much to do.”

Latest posts

Back