Sump replacement.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derwyn

Reaction score
Just wondering what it is likely to cost to have a sump replaced?

Any one had to do it due to corrosion?

I have noticed mine is showing a few signs around the drain bolt. I have only had it 6-7mths. :-(.

Tah!

Or know of anyone who has been sorted with one under warranty?

Tah.

yup mine was replaced , its a known fault as well.
Go give them some baked beans , my bike was a few months old.

Excellent news!

Did you have to fight for a warranty replacement portleybob? Or have they acknowledged the issue?

Can I take her to any dealership for the warranty claim? I bought her from North Oxford bmw but live in Skipton so Alan Jeffries is my local?

Cheers for the link soothydude shall read in bed tonight.

nah it was 2010 when mine died , however since then there have been many , especially on this forum.
I would use the forum name as a matter of principle , they don't like bad press in numbers and yes I would take it to Skipton , the absolute worst thing they can say is no , at this point you could eloquently argue your case...
have a search , I can't believe there isn't a case of allan Jeffries already replacing them

I can't believe there isn't a case of allan Jeffries already replacing them

I spoke to a couple of the guys there back in the summer about this sump issue and they claimed ignorance, so it'll be interesting to hear how you get on Derwyn.

Aye. I will pop in at the weekend.

So you had to pay for a replacement Mr Bob?

Lots of Web based mentions of folk having one or more sumps replaced but no mention as to whether they were done under warranty or they had to bend over for them.

Push for good will repair if it's not still under warranty, I got mine replaced I used a strongly worded email to customer services copied in the BMW dealer and watchdog. A sump is not a service item and should last the lifetime of the engine.

Good to know Chorsley! I am still under warranty.

Just wrote a letter to customer services. What's the email addy for watchdog? I couldn't find the addy for Jeffries.

AJ have always been very good at supporting me in warranty battles with bmw in the past. Have they told you it's not a warranty replacement?

Not yet Mr sayer. I will be popping in on Saturday morning. I have some pics of the rott! which I will post at lunch time (If I remember how to use photobucket).

Is it possible for oil to pass through the sump wall (if the material is poor)?

She uses a lot and the pics look dodgy?

T

Bmw customer support are "investigating" my claims.

I could use the names of dealers/people who have replaced sumps under warranty due to unreasonable corrosion to help strengthen my case.

Anyways back to GTA 5!

D.

It is not an issue BMW are aware of and I should take it to the dealers for analysis which is chargeable.

Sump replaced FOC by Alan Jeffries..

They charged me ?240 for the 2nd service so I guess I payed for the sump.

Thats good. AJ are pretty good at getting results. I asked them about it last year and they hadn't heard about it, they have now!

?240 is about right for the service bud, premium brand and all that. See you about!

Back