Stingy tool kit

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steadynow

Reaction score
I know there isn't much room under the seat... But a screwdriver and an Allen key is a bit tight isn't it?

small gripe on an awesome bike

humbug.

Dealer gave me the black bag separately, saying there wasn't room under the seat for it.

Gave me a S1000RR T shirt too, don't think they were selling many at ?30 :).

I did not get one when i bought my new RR this october, they said you dont get a toolkit now, just the screwdriver and torx under the seat .
Hopefully thats the case.

Actually thinking about it, maybe i need to put some tools under there,as i have already had one breakdown due to the stop/start switch packing up. made out of a liquorice all sort it was.

I did not get one when i bought my new RR this october, they said you dont get a toolkit now, just the screwdriver and torx under the seat .
Hopefully thats the case.

I picked mine up in Sep this year and it came with the tool wallet (and I have the alarm and it all fits under the seat).

By the way, is there an easy way to remove the alarm? Can the bike just be switched on and then unplug it from the loom or does it need programming out?

Picked my 2014 bike up in July and it came with the tool kit in the black bag, not much of a tool kit but you can actually do most simple stuff to the bike with it. By the way, the black plastic insert thingy in the kit which I couldn't find a use for to start with is actually used inserted in the plug socket tool to adjust the spring preloads without marking them.

I didn't get the alarm fitted because apart from the room it takes up under the seat it isn't Thatcham approved because it can be unplugged easily.

Thx chaps - Will look at removing it then. I assume I could then sell it on - would the new buyer need it programmed in or would they just be able to plug it in and play?

Cheers
N

Latest posts

Back