Steering

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damper adjustment??
Thanks, I've backed it off two clicks, no difference. It's the only thing I don't like, maybe that's just the way it is at slow speeds? My. GSXR1000 K5 didn't feel like the S1Thou, but the GSXR1000 is nowhere near as good as the S1 (and I loved that Suzuki)

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

What year RR have you got?

I came from a 2010 GSX-R 750 to a '17 RR and noticed the same thing - heavy steering at low speeds (i.e. turning into a tight side road).

I backed off the steering damper a fair amount, probably 4/5 clicks, and it has improved for me.

Hi man, thanks for the tip. I'd love to spend hours talking about how unbelievable this BMW is, I truly worshiped my GIXER, but this thing is on a whole new level.

Set the damper to min or 1 or 2 clicks off min. Anything more than this seems to be too much on the S1KRR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Set the damper to min or 1 or 2 clicks off min. Anything more than this seems to be too much on the S1KRR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1
In my experience on the road anymore support from the damper makes it hard work at slow speed

add throttle Ian. If lack of momentum the bike will go heavy on tight steer so control the entrance to the turn , ramp up with throttle at 15 %, use clutch to control speed.
And drop the damper to 8 clicks out +.

Watch the gp , with special attention to where they show u what braking the riders doing and throttle application .Watch how they drop acceleration under braking but every time the throttle meter then shoots up to 15-30 % on corner entrance, mid corner 40-50, pulling out the apex 55-65 , bike straight 100% throttle.

Its what I wrote in the tyre thread . Watch the proper boys do it .
There is no bend /island/turn that does not require throttle on entrance , it?s what sets up the rear wheel turn both on road or track.
It?s a progressive action that smooths turning at stupid speeds or slow speeds
Hi Jay, thanks for your reply. I made some minor changes to ride height which had a negative impact, I actually stopped the bike got the tool kit out and put it back to the earlier setting, I then set rebound to 0, front compression to +3 this improved it significantly. This also helped the slow speed steering, this was down to your excellent advice.
I fully understand the throttle control guide you sent, I realised I do this automatically! I did a fair amount of dirt riding back in the day. What I'm trying to do now is increase speed throughout the bend wherever possible, I'm enjoying myself like never before..........sadly I still don't feel worthy [emoji32]
Thank you again.
Ian [emoji106][emoji965]️[emoji51]

DDC Calibration

Make sure that you recalibrate the DDC system after you have made any changes to preload.

Latest posts

Back