Standard rearsets in the wet

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IMORTAL_Indian

Reaction score
After getting caught in the rain, I do not have too much confidence with the rearset (gearing down peg) as my foot kept slipping off....

My old blade had Harris rearsets and my foot felt planted at all times....

Anyone else had this issue? My boots are not worn and I have tried with another pair of boots too, so took that out of the equation.

You can get more knurled replacement pegs, I agree the standard ones are neither comfy or grippy.

The standard pegs are not great even in the dry so your observations are correct. :)

Last edited:
After getting caught in the rain, I do not have too much confidence with the rearset (gearing down peg) as my foot kept slipping off....

Anyone else had this issue? My boots are not worn and I have tried with another pair of boots too, so took that out of the equation.

Performance parts sell replacement Gilles footpegs if you don't want to go to the expense of rear sets http://www.performanceparts-ltd.com/

Performance Parts Ltd

Whilst you can purchase items directly from Performance Parts Ltd but you are better off using Calsport. Performance Parts Ltd are the UK importer for many of the brands they have listed and supply a lot of the main UK parts companies including Calsport. You will generally always find parts listed cheaper on Calsport's website. If you are buying multiple items call them directly as they will normally offer you a discount when requested. Likewise if you hold a valid ACU Race Licence they will normally offer further discount where possible.

Had the very same issue as yourself but mines was all the time and it was only gear shift side. I got the Gilles replacement pegs ( JimmyMac got them at NEC for me ) and the y not only look better but are much improved over the standard. ?60 ish if I remember correctly but that might have been a show price.

Back