Alternative to Gilles rearsets

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ste M

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hello

Ive had the Gilles on my gen 4 from as good as new, im not tall as such, 5ft10/11, but i struggle with my mobility a bit due to being old, 46, and not the most agile. I have the gilles on as low and as far back as i can and theyre good, however, trackways.

I really struggle to find the right position for them and just feel im making my life a whole lot harder as i struggle to get a good position when I'm having to be more mobile and making more changes on the gears.

Is there any other rearsets on the market that would give me more room going back and down slightly but also taking into consideration not to much that the pegs then start to rub

Thanks Set

Hi Steve, They do different seat heights there are do a mid and high, I am about your height and I have gone for the tall m seat and has transformed the position and i have also stopped sliding in to the tank. And more comfortable.

I felt uncomfortable compared to my gen 3 when I first bought it.. The seat sorted it and feel right now.

Thanks so much, never seen that menu before from the dealer, ill get one ordered, wouldnt mind but i paid a fair few quid to get my current one made softer as i did scotland twice on it

As a note: the Gen 3 S1000R High Seat fits the Gen 4 S1000RR. I mention this since the M Sport High seat is very hard (I have one) and the Gen 3 R High Seat is the same comfort as the original seat which to me is softer. Both add same 1" or so of height. I am happier with the Gen 3 R seat for every day riding but I do like the Gen 4 RR seat for track days. I have a 2021 S1000RR and both seats fit.

I believe this is the part but double check before buying :
https://www.shopbmwmotorcycles.com/...nZSZhPWJtdy1tb3RvcnJhZCZvPXMxMDAwciZ5PTIwMjE=

You might also consider getting the Helibars which raise bars a bit. I did this since once I installed the taller seat the lean forward was more than I wanted (R1 like) so I got the Helibars. They look and function great and maybe less buzz on bars since they are a bit heavier than OEM (though I also have the EVO TECH Bar ends which are great).

How did you get the Gen 3 seat to fit gen 4? gen 3 seat is two bolt fixing, gen 4 one bolt in the middle?

Interested so I know

Also I have both Msport seats low and high and I find the high comfortable and has quite a bit of give...Biggest thing for me was I kept sliding in to tank on standard and low seat on track.

As a note: the Gen 3 S1000R High Seat fits the Gen 4 S1000RR. I mention this since the M Sport High seat is very hard (I have one) and the Gen 3 R High Seat is the same comfort as the original seat which to me is softer. Both add same 1" or so of height. I am happier with the Gen 3 R seat for every day riding but I do like the Gen 4 RR seat for track days. I have a 2021 S1000RR and both seats fit.

I believe this is the part but double check before buying :
https://www.shopbmwmotorcycles.com/...nZSZhPWJtdy1tb3RvcnJhZCZvPXMxMDAwciZ5PTIwMjE=

You might also consider getting the Helibars which raise bars a bit. I did this since once I installed the taller seat the lean forward was more than I wanted (R1 like) so I got the Helibars. They look and function great and maybe less buzz on bars since they are a bit heavier than OEM (though I also have the EVO TECH Bar ends which are great).

How easy is it to fit helibars? Also does this affect me on a track at all? ie getting down behind the screen still or is it not that big a movement?

The bars appear to be easy to implement (dealer installed mine). I ride on track and find no difference really with the helibars (no issues created). It isn't that big a movement but it does make me more comfortable / less forward lean than when I put the high seat on with OEM bars. The Helibars seem to mostly flatten out the extension of the bars rather than a big increase in height (they are not bar risers per se).

Latest posts

Back