Spray job

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huge

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Morning all. I'm gonna spray my red panels white (got the colour code which is "B15 Light White"), am planning to remove and sand the panels, prime them and aerosol spray them as I don't have access to fancy kit.
Anyone done similar before? I'd appreciate any tips.
Any recommendations for a good place to buy on line?
Also, do we reckon the BMW car paint colour is the same as they use on the bikes?
Cheers
H

Paint

As far as I'm aware 'B15 Light White' is just a generic BMW paint colour. Any automotive repair shop should be able to supply it.

Hi huge, the paint code is generic. I have used rsbikepaints in the past.

If I was doing it I would see if I could source a pair of the fairings cheaply and paint those, keeping the originals as they are so the bike can be returned to stock if and when you sell.

How about this? Ebay item number 222791035706
Both sides and what looks like a painted air box cover ?90 posted.

BMW had an RR at the NEC show that had the red panels swapped for carbon along with the air-box cover. It looked really tasty. I am thinking of doing it.
Morning all. I'm gonna spray my red panels white (got the colour code which is "B15 Light White"), am planning to remove and sand the panels, prime them and aerosol spray them as I don't have access to fancy kit.
Also, do we reckon the BMW car paint colour is the same as they use on the bikes?
Cheers
H

Last edited:
Check the paint code with the seller...but I really wouldn't mess yours up, at worst I'd respray spares.

Cheers
H

Yes it's the light white that's used on the Mini Countryman and paceman, I wouldn't aerosol any parts on a 15k bike especially if your not a painter, pay a little extra and get them done professionally then you won't regret it.

Back