Tidy up time

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huge

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Evening Gents.
I want to get rid of the side reflectors on the front guard. I hear a hairdryer works. How hot should I make it? Don't want to damage the plastic. I got some stuff to get the sticky off afterwards.
I'm also thinking of spraying my red tank side panels white. This pic is from BMW's website. I added the black screen and white sideys and now quite liking it (got a solid black MRA double bubble). I believe they never made white ones and presume I'm gonna have to buy the paint from BMW? If anyone has some spare panels kicking around, I might be up for a purchase as I'm expecting the panels will be off for ages whilst I get it right... H
white.jpg

You?ll be safe with a hair dryer. Getting the heat to the glue is tricky, would make sense to take the wheel out and heat from behind too.

Fyi, the S1000R has white side pieces from the factory, buy them off of eBay rather than spraying yours. Expect ?60 a side.

- Sent from Mobile

Last edited:
mine just pulled off on a warmish day. there not that tight on. just a warm over with the hairdryer will easily do the job.

Easiest way to remove the reflectors is to slide a length of dental floss behind the reflector and "saw" them off then clean up the residue.

I saw this method on some car pimping program just yesterday.... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is blooming lovely. I think you are onto something with the white side panels

Evening Gents.
I want to get rid of the side reflectors on the front guard. I hear a hairdryer works. How hot should I make it? Don't want to damage the plastic. I got some stuff to get the sticky off afterwards.
I'm also thinking of spraying my red tank side panels white. This pic is from BMW's website. I added the black screen and white sideys and now quite liking it (got a solid black MRA double bubble). I believe they never made white ones and presume I'm gonna have to buy the paint from BMW? If anyone has some spare panels kicking around, I might be up for a purchase as I'm expecting the panels will be off for ages whilst I get it right... H
View attachment 3130

OEM Fairing Side Panels

I believe they never made white ones and presume I'm gonna have to buy the paint from BMW?

The 2015 S1000RR model in Motorsports colours had white (B15 Light White) side panels fitted as standard. You can normally buy them quite cheaply on eBay.

Back