Some trackday advise please,,,

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bimmymak

Reaction score
I'm going on my first track day on a couple of weeks.
It's a training/academy level 1 trackday with Bmw at silverstone.

I want advise on tyres,
I have metzeler race tech rr k3 interact.

Come trackday my bike would have done 800 miles.
Will I have enough life in tyres to ride the 120miles to circuit.
Do my training track day and then ride home??

Or should I buy new boots before I go??

I only ask as the bike and these brand of tyres are very new to me. (Only 2 weeks in)

On my gsxr750 I always used Michelin pilot power 3' which would be good for 3/4K miles.

What's average mileage for racetech rr k3 interact?

And what's different between k3 interact and just k3?

Sorry it's a long one.

Many thanks in advance for the help.

Sai.

Yes - I've done 2 track days on mine and the trips there an back. K3 RR's should last a couple of thousand miles. Especially if you evenly wear them by using the whole thing!! ;)

K3 RR has straight cuts for the tread. Interacts have curved. Which do you actually have? See pics of my bike for K3 RR's.

Last edited:
I have interacts. Curved lines.

There must be more technical difference other than looks no??

I'm going on my first track day on a couple of weeks.
It's a training/academy level 1 trackday with Bmw at silverstone.

I want advise on tyres,
I have metzeler race tech rr k3 interact.

Come trackday my bike would have done 800 miles.
Will I have enough life in tyres to ride the 120miles to circuit.
Do my training track day and then ride home??

Or should I buy new boots before I go??

I only ask as the bike and these brand of tyres are very new to me. (Only 2 weeks in)

On my gsxr750 I always used Michelin pilot power 3' which would be good for 3/4K miles.

What's average mileage for racetech rr k3 interact?

And what's different between k3 interact and just k3?

Sorry it's a long one.

Many thanks in advance for the help.

Sai.

If its your first track day just enjoy it mate and don't get hung up or worried about tyres, they'll last and provide more than enough grip for what you need

The RR are more track focussed. Interacts are great. I got just under 6k from mine and ran them to the edges on track.

Metzeler

Just for clarification the Metzeler Racetec Interacts are a track focused tyre and they were previously available in K3, K2 and K1 compounds. They have since been replaced by the new Racetec RR version. Whilst broadly similar the new RR version, all compounds, is unsurprisingly better in every way when compared to its predecessor. The K3 (Hard) variant, of both the old and new Racetec tyres, is more road orientated but still perfectly fine for use on trackdays.

K3 RR is more than capable on track and will last longer. I tried them when they first came out and was very surprised. At a track day at Oulton it took me 'till the afternoon to push them and they ran close to the supercorsers i'm used to..

Thanks everyone for the advise.

Like i said it's a tutored track day so I'm sure I'll be In good hands and won't be pushing too hard.

Cant wait!!!

Back