Solution to vibration issue

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GixxerChuck

Forum Vendor
Reaction score
Ok so had a set of bar ends made up in mild steel, heavier than the standard ones 189g each instead of 129g so about a 50% weight increase. Need to do more testing but initial feel is significant reduction. Going to see at the end of the week (about 360 miles) and if they work will look to get more made up to sell (first set cost a lot but they have a setup on the machine now so getting more will be a lot cheaper). Are people interested? Would get rest in stainless so can be fitted as is or people could paint / powder coat themselves. Will be around ?45 plus postage.

I want to test them properly this week before selling but could have them 1st week in June. Anyone know if the 2014 are the same fitting?

Forgot to add weight is individual bar end only. A lot of sites in the U.S. show the weight including the bolt. Reuses stock bolt (shown on pic)

So they got a major test this week. Did 90 minutes in solid traffic through London. Did 90 minutes up to 40 mph. Still got some vibes but hands would have been numb before this with the originals.
Tried my normal commute with original on one bar and new one on other and difference was significant. Around 75-80mph there was hardly any. Am going to make a small change by extending slightly and making them wider all over to increase the weight more which will dial it out even more. Overall look will be the same. Doing them in stainless. Price to be confirmed after seeing the engineer tomorrow, but likely to be a bit more due to the machine set up changes. These will fit all models of S1000RR 10-15 as well as the S1000R. Will put them in for sale section when available. Not worked out how to accept payment yet so likely to be PayPal, or happy to meet in Central London mid week.

Looking forward to seeing/getting a pair of these - Any ideas on the price yet?

Engineer went on holiday for a week but is back now. Pick up revised set on Saturday. Expecting price to be around ?50-55 in stainless but will know more Saturday. The prototypes worked faultlessly at Brands last night. No vibes felt at all :purplebananna:

I'm waiting on a call back (since Saturday). As soon as I know will post on here.

defo interested ....any update? Did an 8hr ride back from Scottish Highlands yesterday and all my fingers are still buzzing!! :-/

hi all. These will be available soon via this forum in the Vendors and Forum sponsors section. Just got the modded set back and doing a 520 mile test by Wednesday. Will then finalise with engineer and get all details in the Vendor section. Hopefully have them ready by 4th July

Back