Snetterton 21st May

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah defo. Was good too see you mate. Did you manage to get out again in the afternoon much ?

Good to see you as well. Went out just after 4 and was enjoying the empty track until someone decided to do a bit of break dancing on the last corner in front of me thought it would be a good time to quit. Liked the guys engine exploding next to me as came out of pit lane as well. My nerves should be jangling.

I bet I ache more than you!

In my last session,I should've realised I'd had enough when my right hip seized up coming out of Coram,then I went straight on at the Hairpin.I finally got the message when I went straight on at Agostini's!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd do it again tomorrow though(fortunately there isn't one).

Good to see you guys though.

I also enjoyed the bit when Leon Camier passed me on his WSB and pointed at the back of his bike to follow him.That got my arse in gear.
Just a shame he didn't stay out long.

Fair play Baz. Did you manage to stick with him much ? I bet the BM could just about keep up with FIXI Suzuki in the right hands

I managed to tag on to you for a bit but not For long though. by far the fadtest guy out there. Thought something must of been up when you went on at the hair pin. I'll see if I can get out with you on the next OP day, hopefully pick up a few pointers. I need to really concentrate on corner entry speed. I can feel myself brake far too hard.

Good to see you as well. Went out just after 4 and was enjoying the empty track until someone decided to do a bit of break dancing on the last corner in front of me thought it would be a good time to quit. Liked the guys engine exploding next to me as came out of pit lane as well. My nerves should be jangling.

That would be the guy who lost the front going on to the start finish. Was on an R6, right ?

That blow up was massive. Smoke everywhere. Poor bloke lol. With all the oil down, it totally mucked up the entry in to turn 1 for the rest of the day for me. Don't like going over the cement dust much.

You doing the 17th/18th OP in June ? I'll be booking it tmw

Yes,easypeasy!!! I can honestly say that I have never been round agostini,hamilton,oggies and williams as fast and on the straight I could keep with him(bearing in mind he kept looking behind to see where I was,so he was only playing with me).He would certainly be a good instructor because he obviously new my pace and just pulled me along.

We'll have to have a proper session next time.Brakes are difficult to get right-I sometimes find myself refusing to let go of the lever!

Likewise I noticed you braked a bit early at the end of the straight.

I also had a bit of luck-someone dumped a tyre near the bin outside my garage.It was much better than the one I had on.I had it fitted for my last session.
It was brilliant.I reckon I can stretch two trackdays out of it(for free-bonus)

Brilliant. How cool is that :). I had Cluzel Somme on the brakes coming in to Ago's. I was surprised how little drive he got out of the corner. I guess it was probably an out lap, still obseenly fast though..

Will defo go out for a session/ few laps on the next one. I'm always looking to improve/go faster wherever I can. You never stop learning. I have noticed quite a prominent vibration though the lever under hard braking form high speed, especially on to the first turn and off the back straight. I think a disc may be slightly running out by a few mm. I dont hink its ABS kicking in, although i did have the light come On a few times. wasn't sure if that was because the rear wheel may be skipping a little. I'll go get it checked.

Free tyres are always good, especially if you can get a couple of TD's out of them. Bet that was the Crescen team. Weren't they in the garage next to you ? I'm sure the WSB boys use 17in tyres now.

I wondered that,but I would imagine they probably use 200/60,s.Mind you,it was a week10/2013 tyre

Yes,be good to do a bit together.When you're up to speed we can bring each other on.

Unfortunately warped OE discs seem to be a problem sometimes.

That would be the guy who lost the front going on to the start finish. Was on an R6, right ?

That blow up was massive. Smoke everywhere. Poor bloke lol. With all the oil down, it totally mucked up the entry in to turn 1 for the rest of the day for me. Don't like going over the cement dust much.

You doing the 17th/18th OP in June ? I'll be booking it tmw

Yep it was the guy on or off an R6 shame I was getting into it. That guy absolutely flew off at Riches he high sided and cleared the tarmac and landed in the grass which was something. I was taking the chickens line in for the rest of the day. I'm coming back from Germany when the next OP is on unfortunately but love that format. Notice they are doing a few sundays up there this year which might be good (if pricey)

Here the guy in my garage on the S was a pucka stuntman worked on james bond films and everything and I woke up this morning got in my shitty vauxhall and circum navigated the m25 again. Some people have all the best jobs.

Guys not to hijack your thread but I was on the 200 the other day and coming out of chapman on to the back straight is a bit bumpy and I had to use a bit of back brake to keep the front down, not a problem.
However coming out of murrays onto the front straight in second gear, no matter what line I took I always got a big tankslapper and not just a headshake but at times it felt like it would high-side,.
This happened all the way to the pit lane entrance until i snuck it in third, anyhow I tried unless I was much slower it kept doing this.
Anyone has any ideas?
Standard s1000rr with suspension as in the book for race.

8,9,10 on the rear as per the book.
I weigh 70kg without kit.
I thought it might be something to do with the rear but I have no idea what to change.
I spoke to a couple of the MSV guys there but they all thought i meant a normal tankslapper/power wheelie coz all they said was keep it pinned and the traction will sort it out:confused-new:

Get your suspension set up by a pro. Even with the static sag set, you'll notice a big difference. Maybe ask one of the TD services on your next day to take a look. Or use a local performance Center

Back