Small number plate

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masho46

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Any of you guys thinking of riding in Derbyshire just be aware the plod are on a mission to fill the coffers a ?100 fine received in the post today for having a 7x5 number plate on.Now that's what I call serving the public in its best interests.

Yes I got stopped near Matlock Bath last year, best avoided if you're sporting any illegal ad on's, ?100 fine not good though :(

Last edited:
Twats.
I very rarely go to Matlock so hopefully I'll be ok, I'd rather find some quieter roads.

I ride from Stafford back to York through the Derbyshire dales on a regular basis and find there are so many brilliant quiet roads in the area I have no interest in going to Matlock. I was convinced to go there on a sunny weekend once a few years back with a biker friend, when every bike in the county was there, we had some chips. It was shite.

Any of you guys thinking of riding in Derbyshire just be aware the plod are on a mission to fill the coffers a ?100 fine received in the post today for having a 7x5 number plate on.Now that's what I call serving the public in its best interests.

Do you realise how pathetic you sound? Oh no the police stopped me for an ILLEGAL number plate. Are you stupid or something? People like you need to dealt with over and over again. Strange how quick the public gratitude rubs off after major incidents isn't it. Get a life.

I can guarantee you I'm not stupid or pathetic my gripe was the cost for a small plate when you think of what some people get up to these days.And the reason for posting on here was to stop any members that may have a small plate on from stumping ?100 if you think that is pathetic you need to either scroll on or get a life.

Do you realise how pathetic you sound? Oh no the police stopped me for an ILLEGAL number plate. Are you stupid or something? People like you need to dealt with over and over again. Strange how quick the public gratitude rubs off after major incidents isn't it. Get a life.

There is no need for this tone of post.
You cannot compare a major incident with running a plate which is smaller than defined as legal.

- Sent from Mobile

Group hug? 😂😂😂

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Keyboard wars commence! Lol

Seriously though, I always keep a full size plate in the hopes that it offers some "leniency" with my exhaust lol ... also acts as a bit of a mudguard in the rain!

Had a 7x5 plate on all my bikes even on some sport bikes I was riding on my A2 License ( oops ) never had any issue

Latest posts

Back