Silverstone Focused Events 14th May

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the dealers, has been for a month, too much play in all directions at the sprocket carrier. You can see the story in the BMW Garage - Urgent..... thread :sorrow:

Yep, had it booked for months now, as soon as they advertised the dates. Booked three days off work and hotel rooms for two days. Was planning to stretch it out some lol.

I've just booked today, for the normal Trackday not the BMW track training day, which one did you book?

Can your dealer loan you a complete wheel?

Kls, tried to send you a PM but not sure if it sent ok, it didn't store a copy. Got the bike back today, they put a new wheel, carrier etc from a new bike in the showroom, so yep, I'll be there on Tuesday. I'm booked on the BMW track & training day, not done one before so should be fun.

Did have your PM thanks, good show that they sorted your bike out, looking forward to meeting another forum member, me and cally1066 are driving up Monday evening see you at the track on Tuesday, hope the weather is better looks like it might rain!

managed to get three sessions in at Silverstone today before rain stopped play, got my bike suspension set up by mick grant at a cost of £40, never even sat on the bike or checked my weight during set up he just fiddled away and said its done , gave me a slip of paper with the before and after figures, bit strange I thought that I never had to sit on it but I think he knows what hes doing lol only problem was it rained to bad to go out and try the new set up so il have to try it in the weekif the sun comes out.

Personally Phil, I don't think I did, was he instructing on the day or just there for the track sessions?

Sean, good to meet with you and the guys. Yeah weather turned pretty bad from midday didn't it. I managed to get four sessions on track although pretty slow as only the first session was in the dry, first track day in the wet didn't exactly inspire confidence lol. Times not spent on track were used playing around on 125 trails bikes and FE cornering bike, great fun! :)

I went.
What a load of crap!!!!!
It was supposed to be a track/training day to get the most out of the DTC ABS etc, but was there any training?
No.
Absolute waste of time and money.
Go around the track behind the instructor for a few laps, anything learned? any feedback? NO
Get on the 125's and go around a mini cicuit and see if you can get your knee down. Anything learned? Any feedback? NO!!
Get on the CTS F800 fitted with training wheels and go around in a figure of eight. The objective? Don't know

Latest posts

Back