Shite Thursday Rant

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soofsayer

Forum Admin
Reaction score
So I've been waiting a week for some bar ends to turn up from R&G for my other bike so I can fit a pair of rizoma mirrors I have. They finally turn up today and after 3 hours of fucking about are 2mm too big for the mirrors to fit, so another £50 spent buying rizoma ends and adapters which will take at least 10 working days to arrive. Brilliant.

So I thought, I'll take the hp4 out tomorrow instead. First ride on it this year. Giving it the once over pre ride out I go to check the tyres but the handheld electronic tyre pressure monitor no longer works, one of the kids playing with it no doubt (wife denies this), so will have to limp to a filling station instead. Then I spot a tiny bit of rubber missing off the rim of one of the handlebar grips, and exactly the same the other side. Then I remember a mouse got in the garage over winter, I got the little shit with a sticky pad after a couple of days, but clearly after it had snacked on my grips. I keep the bike mint, so this is really annoying, then I find the thread by hooper about trying to change oem to renthal. Bollocks.

Edit: oh yeah, and last weekend my brilliant and expensive bike dryer decided to die.

rant over.

for reference has anyone fitted the alpha racing fast throttle kit? Hard or medium compound ? Was it easy? Any mods required? Better alternatives?

Last edited:
I fitted the quick action throttle from Alpha quite a straight forward job, the only issue i had was that i though the left grip was glued to the bar which it was not, its on a plastic sleeve that screws to the bag and switchgear.
The throttle tube can be fitted without having to disconnect the cables from the throttle end so no striping other than throttle cable housing.

I fitted the quick action throttle from Alpha quite a straight forward job, the only issue i had was that i though the left grip was glued to the bar which it was not, its on a plastic sleeve that screws to the bag and switchgear.
The throttle tube can be fitted without having to disconnect the cables from the throttle end so no striping other than throttle cable housing.

thanks for that. Was this on your hp4?

No on my 2011 s1000, do you have the heated grips on the HP4? You will not be able to retain heated grips with the Alpha quick action kit.
If you do have the heated grips then there is a throttle side on Ebay.

Thanks. I was wondering what to do about the heated grips. Cheers for the info, nice one.

Latest posts

Back