service time what oil do i use at 3800 miles doing one my self

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nipper12

Reaction score
hello i want to do service my self in between bmw service what oil and filter do i use . be nice to get a package deal

If you don't know any better then use OEM parts always. You can't go wrong.
OEM filter, sump plug/washer, castrol oil. If you open the manual it will tell you the variant and grade of oil.
I personally use Ester based oils as I've had it explained to me in the past why they are best.
Motul and Fuchs Silkolene both come Ester based and I use the former.
Every forum is sponsored by OpieOils and you can get a discount by mentioning the forum in the sales process.

- Sent from Mobile

Have you tried your local BMW dealership?
If I was doing my own service I'd use Castrol Power 1 Racing or Silkolene Pro Energy 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get the genuine BMW advantec 5w-40 grade oil. It's quite expensive but it's what bmw use. It's made by shell. BMW used to use the castrol power 1 racing but not anymore, probably for about a year or so now they don't use it. That's across the board with BMW motorrad. You'll get filter from John Clark for ?16 buddy and you can get the shell advantec too. You'll require 3.5 litres, prob best getting 4.

Good luck in your hunt for oils over the counter... Glasgow hasnt any... EK and DALKEITH stock it in litres 16 quid odd... use Opie get our forum discount or ebay 300v - Castrol are safe bets

Stuart

Last edited:
You just select the forum in the drop down list of forums

- Sent from Mobile

Of course for real forum discounts you should sign up as a Premier Member ;)

- Sent from Mobile

I use Motul 300V now, first few changes I went with the BMW recommended Castrol Power 1, but I prefer the Motul, so that';s what I will be using now.

I always use BMW filters, I get mine from my dealer, or on eBay, one of the dealers in Scotland does them for a good price sometimes.

2_wheels_warehouse on eBay do 4 Litres Motul 7100 4T 5W-40 100% Synthetic - Ester and HiFlo filter for ?39.95 delivered. That's what I've been using.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back