Sept 2018 Holiday

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moogerdoo

Reaction score
Hello Folks, The wife took me kicking and screaming to Venice 6th Sept.
We flew Bordeaux - Venice Marco Polo and after checking into apartment near train station we wandered round Venice for 2 days with the Millions of tourists round the narrow streets but avoiding the huge lines of people wanting to visit Aledgedly interesting old castles and such but I grinned and beared it with a few beer stops.
On the 7th we checked out and got on a train for Rimini ( Venice - Rimini 2.5 hours ) and booked into a hotel and on the 8th we headed for Misano as she had bought tickets for the motogp, train Rimini - Misano 15mins.
I looked at the tickets and to my horror they were for the PRATO 1.
I knew where PRATO 1 was as I have been to Misano on the Bike a few times, but we walked around the circuit and eventually found PRATO and entered, climbed the stairs and I could not believe the view we had, corner 7, 8 and the back straight, bar was at the bottom of the steps and the wife kept me plied with beer.
The 3 times I have been at Misano I have always bought tickets near the Paddock but next time its PRATO 1.
I had my trusty hunting binoculars with me and I could see the pit boards, and TV screen at the paddock.
Tickets are expensive, cheapest ticket 90euros ( PRATO ) I met a group of Brits who bought tickets from touts 200euros each for grandstand A and when they got to the entrance and had tickets scanned they were found to be fakes.
After Misano we left Rimini Monday and back to Venice but stayed on the island were its quiet but river taxis are very frequent for going back to the madding crowds if needed.
Sorry about the only photo I posted its a bit blurred, the wife was taking then with an Ipad and the sun was right behind her.
The wife loved the racing and she got a new hat |( Motogp 2018 baseball cap ) which no one else is allowed to wear.

Dave

Attachments

• IMG_0540.JPG
    IMG_0540.JPG
    793.1 KB · Views: 40

Latest posts

Back