self adjusting clutch perch. lol

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r25sti

Reaction score
anyone had to lockwire the adjuster on there clutch perch, i have. the last couple of ride outs my 15 has adjusted the clutch cable adjuster inwards. so when trying to put in neutral it just wouldn't go, then i realized what had happened. it was adjusting itself about 1/4 of a turn every 10 miles. lock wired the bugger now. :)

I've not experience that before on my 15 (or any previous bike with a cable clutch) and whilst I am no mechanic I suspect rather then lock wiring you might need a replacement part(s)?
Is your bike still under the BMW manufacturer warranty?
If so, it would be worthwhile contacting your dealer and see what they say

Last edited:
I've not experience that before on my 15 (or any previous bike with a cable clutch) and whilst I am no mechanic I suspect rather then lock wiring you might need a replacement part(s)?
Is your bike still under the BMW manufacturer warranty?
If so, it would be worthwhile contacting your dealer and see what they say

hello, no its out of warranty, i wired it yesterday and had no more issues. im guessing its just the holding spring is weak. im fairly mechanically minded so have no issues with lockwiring. :)

Does the lever have a windhole ??
Levers that do not regularly open the clutch enough to slip. Not heard of the adjuster moving but if the lever moving with wind it would make the adjuster easier to move. Maybe worth a look . The oem now have hole near the ball to stop this movement issue

Jay

i have the HP levers so there should be no issue with them, i think its just a slightly weak spring. the clutch isn't slipping its just not disengaging to allow the selection of neutral whilst stationary after about a 10 mile ride. i wired the adjuster yesterday morning and not had an issue since. the adjuster seemed to be tight enough and was clicking over the spring fairly nicely but obviously not quite tight enough. bit strange as ive never had this before on any bike and when it first happened last week i thought the clutch had failed. all sorted now with the lockwire. :)

Latest posts

Back