Seat Cowl

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skel

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi ladies and gents, just wondering if any of you folks have had any trouble when taking the cowl off? I take mine off every time I ride as I have no pockets in my leather and use it for storage. So 1 month in to owning my brand new bike and the cowl has chipped the paint.... To say I'm raging is not even close. Anyone else had any bother or is it just as her indoors says and I'm heavy bloody handed??

Mine has a small chip on the front corner at the right hand side. Yes it annoyed me at first but it pales into insignificance now I have several chips on the nose cone,forks and swinging arm ( rear hugger with a hole??)
That and a track slide means it's not the shiny new precious bike it once was :ambivalence:

I can see the for sale ad now.
One careful owner, never seen rain, never tracked, always washed after every ride first to see will definitely buy etc etc

RS Paints do touch up kits which do the trick on stone chips.

Loupe - hugger with the hole mate, what've I been sayin!!!!!

Cheers Andy already tried that and failed. As soon as I take the cowl off it took the new paint with it.

Oh. thats a shame, I did one of my HP4 wheels with one of their kits a while back and it is as new.

You could repair the chip and try custom cutting some 3M venture shield on to the area affected I suppose?

I got a touch up on eBay which is a bang on match. That's was for the chip on the petrol tank (which I forgot to list) from my mates bike.
How it missed the complete front of the bike, mirrors, levers and tank cowl but managed to hit the side of the tank is beyond me.
Bikes a minter apart from everything I've listed...

I had to add shims to my aftermarket cowl to push it high enough to clear. This might be what you need, just a couple of flat washers between the cowl plastic and the bracket.

Latest posts

Back