Seat Cowl.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian

Reaction score
Hi All.

Anyone thinking of Buying one of these ?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Unpainted...rcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item337f9d743c

I have a Carbon Seat Cover that Attaches with Double Sided Tape and didn't fancy sticking it to my OEM BMW Seat Cowl so Bought one of the above.
I Paid £38 for the Seat Cowl from China and Gotta say for the Money its Worth Every Penny.
Once the Seat Lock is in Place its a nice Snug fit at the Rear, Slight Gap at the Front but I've seen Worse on OEM BMW ones.
If someone knows a Good Painter then of course it could be Colour Matched to your Bike.
VERY CHEAP Alternative if your on a Budget.
Pics Below.
20130215_124127_zpsd12bd057.jpg

20130215_124135_zpsb406e188.jpg

20130215_124308_zpsde2d0bea.jpg

20130215_124143_zpsa23d6080.jpg

I'll have to Check my E-Mails, I think I Bought it the same Time as my Carbon Tank Cover from Germany.

That's a bigger gap than my original cover had (it may be the China moulding), I even put two washers under mine to give more clearance when opening as I was worried about scratching the tail! :D lol

I really want a solo seat cowl - asked BMW yesterday and they quoted me £173 for a white cowl but said they would fit it for free - wow, thanks but no thanks! So, im very keen on this - can i ask how long it took to arrive from China and how much was postage? Did you have to pay any import tax? How much do you think a decent sprayer would charge to paint it white?

I really want a solo seat cowl - asked BMW yesterday and they quoted me £173 for a white cowl but said they would fit it for free - wow, thanks but no thanks! So, im very keen on this - can i ask how long it took to arrive from China and how much was postage? Did you have to pay any import tax? How much do you think a decent sprayer would charge to paint it white?

I've still got my BMW cowl in white if you're interested...I'll check the condition and let you know (mint as I recall), tis complete too so you'd only have to swap your lock in...would be looking for £130.

I've still got my BMW cowl in white if you're interested...I'll check the condition and let you know (mint as I recall), tis complete too so you'd only have to swap your lock in...would be looking for £130.

I will definitely take it from you Ducky - many thanks! Want to PM me and we can sort payment and address out etc? Thanks again fella.

Cowl arrived this morning and exactly how described - many thanks Chris! Fitted it 10 mins ago and really chuffed!

Latest posts

Back