Seat Cowl

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iRobin

Reaction score
Hi All,

So I want a seat cowl for my Gen 2 in black.... cannot justify paying the stupid sum BMW are asking for one. Has anyone used any of the chinese ones or know a good alternative?

Thanks!

I bought a 15 quid Chinese one just to see what it was like (and as a trial for a rack type affair I was considering for touring). It's not quite as good a finish as a proper BMW one and the shape of the front part is slightly off for a Gen3, but it fits, and no water gets under the seat when it rains. Also allows me to more easily refuse whenever anyone says 'can I have a go on the back?'.

I bought a 15 quid Chinese one just to see what it was like (and as a trial for a rack type affair I was considering for touring). It's not quite as good a finish as a proper BMW one and the shape of the front part is slightly off for a Gen3, but it fits, and no water gets under the seat when it rains. Also allows me to more easily refuse whenever anyone says 'can I have a go on the back?'.
Don't suppose you have a link to the one you purchased? Did you have any issues when attaching the lockset and the anchors?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Don't suppose you have a link to the one you purchased? Did you have any issues when attaching the lockset and the anchors?

Aye. Was this one:
http://r.ebay.com/KzxbmU

No issues at all, came with the mounting plate and the lock swapped over in two minutes flat. I did fractionally move the mount to make it sit further forward, but that's all. Two screws and 30s to do it.

Last edited:
Cheers mate gonna give it a shot I think

Not BMW but , I got one for my Fireblade and the fit and finish was spot on. ?200 compared to ?15 , no brainier really.

How much is a lock to buy from BMW? I have the cheap cowl but haven't got round to fitting it tho. Seems to be decent enough tho for about 15 quid also.

Think it's about ?60/70. Can you not take the one off the seat pad and use that ?

How much is a lock to buy from BMW? I have the cheap cowl but haven't got round to fitting it tho. Seems to be decent enough tho for about 15 quid also.
I just bought a lock from Dalkeith today... coded with my ignition key for 20 quid Maz

stuarts phone

Aye, what's the worst that can happen, it's 15quid :)

Just received mine havent fitted it yet but I must say I'm really impressed. The quality is really recent. I mean the paint has one small imperfection/spec of dust but its nothing. The weight and quality of the item is actually really good.

Thanks for the heads up mate. Will take a photo when its on.

Hmm there is a gap though, is that normal? is that something to worry about? Is there anything I can do?

IMG-20160719-WA0024.jpg

Not really. None fit flush. Wish they did a proper job instead of an after thought.

- Sent from Mobile

There is a bit of a gap but not that much ! May sound daft but have you made sure it's fitted properly? If you don't make sure it's all fitting it will sit up like that.

Latest posts

Back