Scrubbing in new tyres

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snow

Reaction score
Got some m7rr's on at the weekend and i know your supposed to go easy for the first 100 miles gently leaning over and wat not but the dealer also said it needs to be dry miles.
That means i'll probably struggle to ride my bike ever again in this country. Is scouring them or sanding them a big no no.
I think i already know the answer but thought i'd check

New Tyres

You will need to ride the bike to scrub new tyres in.

I'm guessing dry miles so you can lean it over a bit, and give it a handful...the first time I put M7RRs on I had them fitted in Strathearn... nice sunny day, recommendations were not on the agenda that day, I took it easy for around 5 miles then I thrashed it down loch Tayside and Loch Lomondside.. they wore perfectly and I still got around 4k out the rear one...fantastic tyres.

Dry miles means i wont be riding it for a while, u ever been to yorkshire? Thinks its wetter than scotland

lol it must be bad in Yorkshire if you get more rain that Scotland, feel your pain snow, it's probably best for it to be dry and scouring them wouldn't help really but I haven't tried that , how did your paint job go mate?

Got some m7rr's on at the weekend and i know your supposed to go easy for the first 100 miles gently leaning over and wat not but the dealer also said it needs to be dry miles.
That means i'll probably struggle to ride my bike ever again in this country. Is scouring them or sanding them a big no no.
I think i already know the answer but thought i'd check

Just ride it Snow and stop worrying mate

The roads are very wet, but there's been little rain, just no wind and sun to dry the surfaces.

I'd wait to scrub them in on a dry road day. I was out Monday last week and there's no way you'd be able to scrub a tyre in fully across the tread in these conditions without risking a slide / crash.

lol it must be bad in Yorkshire if you get more rain that Scotland, feel your pain snow, it's probably best for it to be dry and scouring them wouldn't help really but I haven't tried that , how did your paint job go mate?

Still ongoing, just got the wheels back n had tyres put on. No rush as wouldnt be riding around with roads being this wet anyway. Like soof was saying not much rain but too cold for the roads to dry up.

Preview of the colour, not a very good picture though

Still ongoing, just got the wheels back n had tyres put on. No rush as wouldnt be riding around with roads being this wet anyway. Like soof was saying not much rain but too cold for the roads to dry up.

Preview of the colour, not a very good picture though

Cerise?

Can't wait to see the rest. Get the tyre paint pen out Snow, it's easy to fill the letters in before the wheels are fitted.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
tyres barely need scrubbing in nowadays, they don't use the same type of release compound they used to. i scrub my m7rr's in in about 5 miles of leaving home (in the dry). I would give them about 50 miles in the wet with no aggressive throttle use. great tyres though wet and dry. imo.

Interesting to hear perspectives as at the end of the month I have to ride a brand new bike for a friends bike from Leeds to Essex

Third bike I'll have run in within 6 months 🙈

However I don't think I'll struggle with lean angles as it's a CB125F !

Back