Sat nav.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sockets

Reaction score
Hi there,
What can you guys recommend for S1000RR - preferably mounted in centre of top yoke?

Seen plenty of reviews and there seems to be plenty out there but would rather buy on a tried and tested recommendation.

Cheers Sockets

Hi there,
What can you guys recommend for S1000RR - preferably mounted in centre of top yoke?

Seen plenty of reviews and there seems to be plenty out there but would rather buy on a tried and tested recommendation.

Cheers Sockets

Hello mate, the ram mount in the centre yoke is the most popular option. I used it on my other bike but dont personally like the bit sticking out of the yoke when the nav is not on, so I am looking for another solution that I can put on the handlebars and remove easily.

http://www.motorcycleparts-hornig.com/BMW-S-1000-RR/Navigation-and-Communication/

I've got one of these puppies, and a short RAM mount (1 inch ram ball to ram ball). Its just a single allen key so screws in and out dead easy. I've put connectors on my sat nav mount cable which means I can "unplug" from the cable on the bike and remove the yoke mount etc when not in use. I just tape up the cable on the bike and hide it from view so you don't see anything. I've seen people fixing stuff to the yoke itself, but you're damaging the yoke then and I didn't want to go down that route personally.

I bought a 2nd hand one from ebay (Garmin Nuvi 2595) and got a waterproof case, hardwire kit and tope yoke mount from Ultimate Add-ons, works a treat. Doesn't obscure the clocks.

Ok thanks for that lads.
What about the sat navs themselves and do they obscure the rev counter/speedo etc?

As the other lads have said, no issue with the clocks, but if you like to use a large tank bag then that would probably obscure the sat Nav screen, and probably the clocks too!

Back