Saddle bags. Yee-harrr

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Guys. Do you think the Hepco & Becker will work with my dumb-ass yankee tail-tidy?

Photo 22-06-2017, 19 22 55.jpg
17cf4314ff28f8401e8a65ca27acac65.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As intimated the h&b system ties the bag to it alone...though you can use pillion pegs too, and under the tail if you so desire.

- Sent from a magical lightbox

As intimated the h&b system ties the bag to it alone...though you can use pillion pegs too, and under the tail if you so desire.

- Sent from a magical lightbox

I tied mine directly to the plate , if you tied it anywhere else you'd need to add in additional mats , dusters etc to combat the straps rubbing the paint.

... To secure Kreiga or anything except the BMW or Ventura system, you NEED a Hepco and Becker plate ...

I?ve got a Kriega US combo set up, which I intend to secure to the OEM seat cowel.
Whilst I understand the H&B plate is ideal, can you explain why it is essential?

Need to know if I will require further hardware prior to Scotland lol ...

It's just far more stable, bags stay where they are put, and as Beavis said avoiding other tie down points saves the paint work, far better than even the BMW bag.

Essential is technically exaggerating but I think if you're doing a long tour it will reduce the worries about damage to the bike. They also do an extension plate...

Last edited:
Hi Oli, it depends on how many Kreiga bags you want to secure. I have secured a single one (US10) just under the seat (not tried the cowl) and at a push I think a single US20 might also work. Once you start making the 'combo' wider it will sag and scrape on the paintwork. Possibly you could avoid that with dusters or webbing.

The H&B has a very wide flat plate that holds the combo securely without it contacting any plastics. I'm planning on using the H&B with US 30, US 20 and a maybe couple of US 10s for the Scotland trip.

I my opinion the H&B is well work the cost and looks/functions like an OEM accessory

Last edited:
Cheers guys, this all makes sense. Was thinking of going down the webbing route initially as have some knocking around.
H&B is definitely food for thought ...

Thanks again!

According to H&B the plate can carry 5 kg. I'm planning a 2500 km round trip in Europe. H&B looks good, but the 5 kg. max load worries me, I need more. Any experience here with the plate carry more than 5 kg? And at high speeds? Bumpy roads?

5?!?! that's got to my a typo...

It's solid metal, I expect some of the risk is around the locking mechanism. I think if you stuck a 10kg kettle bell on it well you'd be hard pressed to break it before the subframe!

5?!?! that's got to my a typo...

It's solid metal, I expect some of the risk is around the locking mechanism. I think if you stuck a 10kg kettle bell on it well you'd be hard pressed to break it before the subframe!

Thanks Alex! I've never seen the plate in real life so difficult for me to get my own opinion about it. Here is what the official H&B website states:

"Recommended load: 5kg (please pay attention to vehicle-specific instructions, as well as the attached instructions and the motorcycle manufacturer's data)"

I think I take the risk, just order one and see if it's useable. I will use it with a Kriega US 20/30 or similar. Did not yet decide, there are many other choices when it comes to tail bags. Though many rave about the Kriega, they must be good. My next trip will be 2500 km in 7 days, I don't need much, most time will be spent with riding, sleeping and eating ;-)

I've used the H&B with Kreiga US20 + 2x US10 at the same time without issue many times.
Not sure of weight but must be more than 10kg.
Wasn't aware of the 5kg 'limit' but I think they are being over cautious.

I ordered the H&B sportrack, received the item today, very much pleased with the rugged, sturdy design. Decided to order additional the H&B Rear bag Royster including Lock it adapter. That will set me for my next Europe trip I think. Thanks to this forum I found a great luggage solution :)

I ordered the H&B sportrack, received the item today, very much pleased with the rugged, sturdy design. Decided to order additional the H&B Rear bag Royster including Lock it adapter. That will set me for my next Europe trip I think. Thanks to this forum I found a great luggage solution :)
Hi Xenox. Can you post some pictures of it when you get a chance? Cheers, H

Hi Xenox. Can you post some pictures of it when you get a chance? Cheers, H

I have made pictures, but I can not attach them to my reply.
When I want to attach a picture I am asked for a URL?
Probably I'm doing something wrong?

I have made pictures, but I can not attach them to my reply.
When I want to attach a picture I am asked for a URL?
Probably I'm doing something wrong?

Only Premier Forum members can post pictures natively to the site

Back