S1000RR - Reborn!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any particular reason youre going with Racetec K3's fella? Is this a track tool or road and track?

It's track only dude (not road registered anymore).

K3's have worked well for me before, and to be honest I won't need anything more for a while until I've got used to riding again (and tested the bike properly). Got K3's on my 600 trackbike and they've been awesome. :)

What happens to you ducky, ?? Did you have a bad crash on the toad or track,, when do you think you'll be back in the saddle

Toad's are the worst kind! ;) lol

Yes Cally, I had a serious road accident last August, broke my neck and also my back in four places, so I'm still not allowed back on a bike as my neck hasn't healed properly. Perhaps late this summer I'll get back on, otherwise it'll be next year if all goes to plan. :)

wow that's some injuries you got , sorry to hear that fella and I wish you a speedy recovery

New sprockets turned up! :D

chain_sprockets_zps606e6812.jpg

Ok finally pulled my thumb out today and fitted up the new wheels and tyres after getting them balanced today (along with fitting the C59 brake pads). Also fitted up the rear Ohlins while the wheel was out (made life a lot easier)!
Was also tinkering with the HM and Bazzaz loom, talk about mission with all the plugs...so I left it for another day! Might have a tinker tomorrow if I get a chance.

My phone cam makes the wheels look purple but they are actually candy blue.

just make sure that the HM loom is connected to the injectors before the bazzaz. I have just installed a full bazzaz TC kit to my Gsxr track bike today.
I had a HM shifter on the bm, neither are too bad to fit.

So cracked on with the wiring in of the HM quickshifter and also the Bazzaz ZFi unit, nightmare with all the plugs and having to piggyback each one twice! Made fitting the tank back on a little tight but it went on in the end (cue split wire somewhere). lol
Quick piccy of the HM loom fitment in progress and the Bazzaz loom laid over the airbox etc.

Then after lots of faffing about I finally got it all connected up and tie-wrapped in place, not as neat as I'd have liked, but there were so many wires and plugs you just couldn't hide them anywhere!

Still need to find where is best to mount the small HM shifter LCD, so may leave that until I have some bodywork on it....and still have to make a plate up to mount the Bazzaz unit in the rear subframe. Fitted the renthal grips too while I was in the garage, followed by the tank centre panel and the carbon side panels (only bodywork bits to survive intact! lol.....tis starting to look like a bike now!

Unfortunately now I could fire it up properly, a leak has appeared and there is a fine crack in the radiator plastic , but I'm hoping I can melt the plastic or something to seal it (where the filler pipe fits on the rad). Still, it didn't stop me wheeling the bike out into the sun so it gets to see daylight for the first time since the accident! *yay*

Last edited:
What an epic thread, build mate, truly enjoyed reading this and look forward to completion....

Latest posts

Back