S1000RR - Reborn!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopper link=topic=1928.msg17881#msg17881 date=1357753129 said:
STM unit ?

STM make the 5-button switchgear which is sold by Alpha Racing :) However I would hold off if you are thinking of getting one, I just tried mine for the first time and the labels don't match up to the buttons (no biggie, just annoying), have sent them an email. :)

Ahhh, I know the one.

Ill have a look around. Iv heard the accosato QA is quite good. Do like the Alpha stuff though

Soo, decided to nip back into the garage and try and power up the bike to test my 911 unit. It's not been powered back up since it was dismantled so was interesting to see what would happen..

NOTHING :eek: was the answer! lol...so I ended up plugging in everything I'd left off which I assumed I didn't need (lambda's/servo motors). Finally got it to spring into life :D and was interesting checking out the fault codes (lots!!).

Still after playing around with the plugs and checking everything I got it back to no faults, except for the servo motors (still removed). :D I forgot to disconnect the lambdas though, so will try that next time.

Have to admit I was a bit sceptical about paying almost £300 for a 911 unit, but has turned out to be a very handy tool indeed, especially on this project build.

Hopper link=topic=1928.msg17889#msg17889 date=1357759602 said:
Ill have a look around. Iv heard the accosato QA is quite good. Do like the Alpha stuff though

Heard that too, I just went Alpha as it was easier getting everything from one place, and the quality seems fine. :)

It took me ages to work out why my bike wouldn't rev after unplugging and removing the exhaust servo (I think). Bike started just didn't rev. Plugged one plug back in and it was fine.

Spent ages scratching my head lol

Hopper link=topic=1928.msg17894#msg17894 date=1357760224 said:
It took me ages to work out why my bike wouldn't rev after unplugging and removing the exhaust servo (I think). Bike started just didn't rev. Plugged one plug back in and it was fine.

Spent ages scratching my head lol

lol, yeah I thought I could leave the servos off, but think I'm going to have to keep them plugged in now. :)

Got both of mine unplugged now and it all revs to the limiter. is yours a 10 or 12?
I asked my dealer to turn them off from the ECU, he said no need just un plug & all is sweet.

Disconnected the servos/lambda's again and fired up the bike for the first time since August :D , dashboard is complaining about the mileage difference (it constantly flashes and stops some functions working), but the bike will still start. May have to speak to the dealer about updating the mileage (I've heard they won't do this with s/hand dashes...will wait and see).

S1000 - Initial Startup

:D

Thought as I had a bit of free time I would do a couple of bits to the bike like fit the quickshifter.

So having stripped the old one I fitted the parts to the new one and laid it out on the table.
hm_shifter_zps3cc237be.jpg

Then I fitted it to the bike, unfortunately the spider stand gets in the way a little, but it's still easier then working on it whilst on the side stand. ;) Fitted it with the HM unit near the gearbox (aka Flowerpower) as this lets me run the cable straight up into the frame, rather than along the rod (I still need to tie back the cable, hence it looks v.close to the shift arm).
hm_shifter_fitted1_zps5978bca3.jpg

hm_shifter_fitted2_zpscb024ebf.jpg

Last edited:
I've still got to fit the HM loom which is a wiring nightmare with all the plugs, hopefully it'll all fit under the tank as I still need to add the Bazzaz loom too! lol

hm_shifter_fitted3_zps756c7c9e.jpg

The bike is actually looking fairly complete, still need to sort out the front wiring though...think I've just been avoiding it as not been in a tinkering mood lately; but the radiator is back on and filled up so at least I can fire it up to do any diagnostic testing.

bike_feb2013_zps054dcf96.jpg

My rear TTX2 shock finally turned up from HarrisP, been on order since Nov!! Now I just need to get around to fitting it! :D However one thing I was surprised about is you have to adjust it with an allen key, and not by just turning the adjuster knobs (they don't actually turn). :(

ohlins_ttx2_zps89328273.jpg

Ok, I will at some point get a chance to crack on with the bike as I've not touched it in aaages :( But travelling to California this weekend for work (least it'll be warmer) so for now you'll have to just look at...

My New PVM Wheels which finally turned up (complete with full floating racing discs etc)!! :D

pvm_wheels_zpsee38cc23.jpg

Stunning fella - cant wait to see the final finished bike - enjoy Cali you lucky bugger!!!

Cheers peeps, I've got a new set of K3's to go on but I'm still waiting for my sprockets to turn up (back order), so will fit the wheels when it's all here and post some updates. :)

Latest posts

Back