s1000rr?? Or should I...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are built to order and take forever. order now get it in the middle of winter - not so good, may as well time it for next summer.

just me 0.02 cents

My thoughts exactly mate...

I reckon it might be worth waiting until next year mate. The standard S1K will get the suspension mod as an add on I reckon, lus other enhancements to keep it at the top of the pile. Bound to be some 1 year old HP4's with almost zero miles for sale also. Your R1 looks like a cracking bike mate

Going to have my say on this one,

Feb 2012 I bought a second hand 2010 model S1000RR after selling my 07 r1. Due to the crap weather I then sold the bmw because I felt it was too much money just sitting in a garage.

This year, I said to myself I want another bike but wouldnt get another bmw for the same reason as last year but I still wanted a cheaper bike so I test rode everything, 2008 & 09 GSXR's, 2007 and big bang R1's and I eventually bought a 09 zx10r. I spent loads of money tuning it. It sounded amazing a was shit off a shovel!!

BUT...

The entire time I was in denial, craving a the s1000rr, they always caught my eye and I couldnt ride any other bike as well as I did the s1000rr. The zx10 was punchier and fun but I just couldnt ride it as well. The S1000rr is such a good package and because of that it is faster, it just does everything better. The set up is better. Im certain with the same tuning it will be as punchy. The S1000rr is already faster once it gets into its power band. I trust the S1000rr more aswell.

This is obviously just my own opinion but I just had to have a S1000rr back in my life, I just think they ARE the better bike out there.

hope this helps (from a man who was in a similar situation)

Going to have my say on this one,

Feb 2012 I bought a second hand 2010 model S1000RR after selling my 07 r1. Due to the crap weather I then sold the bmw because I felt it was too much money just sitting in a garage.

This year, I said to myself I want another bike but wouldnt get another bmw for the same reason as last year but I still wanted a cheaper bike so I test rode everything, 2008 & 09 GSXR's, 2007 and big bang R1's and I eventually bought a 09 zx10r. I spent loads of money tuning it. It sounded amazing a was shit off a shovel!!

BUT...

The entire time I was in denial, craving a the s1000rr, they always caught my eye and I couldnt ride any other bike as well as I did the s1000rr. The zx10 was punchier and fun but I just couldnt ride it as well. The S1000rr is such a good package and because of that it is faster, it just does everything better. The set up is better. Im certain with the same tuning it will be as punchy. The S1000rr is already faster once it gets into its power band. I trust the S1000rr more aswell.

This is obviously just my own opinion but I just had to have a S1000rr back in my life, I just think they ARE the better bike out there.

hope this helps (from a man who was in a similar situation)

Cheers Dan and i would have to agree, the s1000rr is no doubt the best litre bike around for its ride and performance package, no one would deny that.... However the biggest issue i and i know others have is with the build quality, i would be happy to pay the extra £3/5 thousand if what i was getting was the very best build quality...

We all agree that every manufacturer has their issues but BMW with the s1000rr seem to have it very wrong. For example you speak to R1 owners and on their forums and 1 in 50 may have had some kind of build/engine problem, compare that to s1000rr owners and its more like 1 in every 3 have had problems. I keep hearing sumps rotting, chains rusting, petrol caps rusting, wheel bearings braking, switches either failing falling off, engines just stopping, pistons breaking, side stands falling off and these are just a few of the issues ive heard....

The funny thing is, after hearing all of the above i still want one lmao and will probably get one......

I cant believe its as high as 1 in 3, most people probably haven't had any disasters at all and just the usual wear and tear stuff, can't deny there are things that aren't great about the S1K but people usually post when something goes wrong, not many people post that they have gone for another uneventful ride with no snags. I think this forum is slightly slewed as people post on here in order to vent or get advice from people who had had similar issues.Anyway, thats my two pence worth, and we all know you're gonna buy one cos you sound like a sensible chap.

Yeah all go bikes have their issues, my zx10 rattled and vibrated, had a heavy clutch and it was common for them to just cut out with a dead battery. I changed my mind on a gsxr because some models were prone to the dram snapping in half.... The list goes on for common faults with bikes, it's going to happen.

BMW have their issues too.. My bike has had the switch gear changed... My chain is rusting... I need to check my sump but if it is rotting its not exactly pricey to replace and I'm sure if it did totally perish I'm sure we would all notice leaks before it killed the engine. As for the chain I intend on replacing it with a renthal kit or similar, problem solved.

I personally think the pro out weigh the cons.

Im going to put a new post up and try something, keep an eye out....

Latest posts

Back