S1000RR Gen 4 Delivery Thread

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paddock Stands

Paddock 170 ish ouch

BMW do like to charge for their accessories. For just a little bit more money you could have had front and rear paddock stands from Harris for that price! That said it does look nice though.

Got my Gen 4 M Sport delivered a week last Friday, which I ordered in Nov 18

I've not ridden it yet but I've got a few goodies to bolt on first and I'm a fair weather rider so quite happy waiting for things to get warmer.

Anyway I was in the garage last Friday and because of what I've read on here I thought I would check the brake calipers.......

dripping with brake fluid underneath....not happy at all

Rung the dealers on Saturday and they said the serial number of my bike shouldn't have leaking calipers so I assured them it did, they were most apologetic and said they'd collect it but their van was off the road so I took it back myself.

Just had a call from them and the brake calipers are on back order and should be in by the end of March...... "hopefully".

My last 4 bikes have been BMW's (this is my 5th) but now I'm beginning to loose faith in the brand

Had problems with mine Saturday on first start up engine management light came straight on, rode to bmw they hooked it up to the computer and said it?s the exhaust valve ?they said I must of done something to it when I fitted the M rearsets!! Not a chance I touch it? so they adjusted it and reset the ecu, went for another ride stopped to talk to a mate then switched it back on management light back on again rode back to bmw where my bike still is now for them to sort the problem I also pointed out that my front suspension was leaking oil from the seals this shouldn?t be happening to a brand new bike with less then 50 miles on the clock most of that going back to bmw, on the plus side I got an slip on exhaust out of them for my ?500

with the msport rearsets is there enough adjustment to lower the pegs and make the rear brake bit less of a reach. I find dragging the rear a bit of challenge when filtering, especially coming from a DCT adventure bike.

Yes mate as advised by parts supervisor it?s good for lithium... I?m there tomorrow so will check

Latest posts

Back