S1000RR Gen 4 Delivery Thread

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I?m to sportsbike shop tomorrow.... in Milton Keynes for suit and boot trials.... been a while since I squeezed myself into a one piece

Thanks schuey.... can see me huffing and puffing.... but this time will take the under garments to make it easier....

@Sam76 Lind Welwyn?

Good that they are getting them in. I'd be happy to buy from there, but I wouldn't take my bike to be serviced there. Had some real horrors with my Gen 1 there.

They are already starting to piss me off (sales) so I can already see why you will buy from them but won?t deal with them after that. But I will give them a try and if I don?t like the service side I?ll go elsewhere.

They are already starting to piss me off (sales) so I can already see why you will buy from them but won?t deal with them after that. But I will give them a try and if I don?t like the service side I?ll go elsewhere.

@Sam76 Yep, Sales are bad, but Service are worse imho. I've collected my bike over the years with numerous defects and damage that they've caused. Had bolts not torqued down properly, just sitting in the holes, scratches to paintwork. And in all cases apart from loose bolts, they never admitted liability - so take detailed pictures all over your bike before leaving it with them. The people who work there just seem fed up and so they really aren't doing their best work. It made me try Bahnstormers, but Sales have told me such a pack of lies about the Gen 4 that I'm now thinking of jacking the idea in and going for a V4 instead as my Ducati dealer has been superb. It's really frustrating.

I found Bahnstormer to be pretty decent and sales reasonably proactive. Waiting for a call today see when my bike is going to reach them from the distribution center. I suspect by base price was similar but I have added a taller screen, tailtidy, radguards and tft cover.

@Sam76 Yep, Sales are bad, but Service are worse imho. I've collected my bike over the years with numerous defects and damage that they've caused. Had bolts not torqued down properly, just sitting in the holes, scratches to paintwork. And in all cases apart from loose bolts, they never admitted liability - so take detailed pictures all over your bike before leaving it with them. The people who work there just seem fed up and so they really aren't doing their best work. It made me try Bahnstormers, but Sales have told me such a pack of lies about the Gen 4 that I'm now thinking of jacking the idea in and going for a V4 instead as my Ducati dealer has been superb. It's really frustrating.

I?m coming from a Ducati and my dealer is hyside in Romford and they are fantastic in every way best customer experience I?ve had through any dealer, I know bmw customers service won?t come close from my experience so far. I?m just hoping things change after I take delivery tomorrow.

Well thats the waiting over. She was delivered this morning at 10am. Tomorrow she will be legal to go out to play. Watched it via the tracker all the way from the dealer to my doorstep.
Now it is a different wait, for the damn weather.

S1000RR delivered.jpg

Latest posts

Back