S1000RR Gen 4 Delivery Thread

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a guy in Germany with a giant tombola - just pulling names - simple and fair :p

Whenever NI and Scotland orders were placed, BMW uk said in THE LETTER (itself delayed a month by my dealer) that they were allocating deliveries based on when orders were placed.
Except when they feel like it, if you ordered in Feb.

If mine doesn't come in the next 3 weeks I have to cancel the order and someone else jumps up a place in the queue.

I never ordered in February?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve just ordered myself an Ouija board.

My dealer hasn’t a clue when my bike’s coming, so maybe I can find out for myself. :eagerness:

Was in at the dealer today getting my service book stamped and they’ve delivered another in Scotland in the past few days

Was in at the dealer today getting my service book stamped and they’ve delivered another in Scotland in the past few days

Have you bought a screen protector, or plan to at all matey? Also - any 1st hand experience with Gen 4 race slip ons? Been looking at the Akra stubby GP thing but need to hear one first as I don?t want owt that?s too hooligan.

Have you bought a screen protector, or plan to at all matey? Also - any 1st hand experience with Gen 4 race slip ons? Been looking at the Akra stubby GP thing but need to hear one first as I don?t want owt that?s too hooligan.

Not yet mate.

I?m going with the carbon Akra and titanium headers once I can get a fuelling option sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

Has anyone heard more on delivery of the s1000 rr sport model lve been told wont see it till the end of September , has anyone else been told this?Also saw in MCN saying BMW mottarrad was offering/giving anyone with an order a ?500 voucher to use in dealers anyone got this,l havent

Has anyone heard more on delivery of the s1000 rr sport model lve been told wont see it till the end of September , has anyone else been told this?Also saw in MCN saying BMW mottarrad was offering/giving anyone with an order a ?500 voucher to use in dealers anyone got this,l havent

You?re entitled to the ?500 but clearly your dealer?s not owning up - as many have already observed on this forum. An unscrupulous dealer may even keep it for themselves as it?s a BMW contribution rather than a dealer one.

I was told June, then August, dealer utterly confused, then it?s arrived. From my experience and others on the forum over the last week or two, I reckon there?s a good chance you won?t have to wait until Sept.

Suggest you go speak to your dealer in a robust manner to shame him over the ?500 he?s not admitting to.

From various rumours around the world,I think you'll find that a few bikes are coming through to complete the May/June backlog but no more will be coming through until November.These will all then be 2020MY,including the new exciting colour scheme(?!!).
Oh,and assuming they find some new/additional suppliers for a few parts.

With regard to the ?500 credit,I would also think it would be relevant to when an order was placed-if not-get your order in now and wait for the next delay!!

And my post didn't do the pound sign either LOL

Last edited:
Just cancelled my order. I'm not paying 20k for a bike that turns up a year after I ordered it and then it sits in the garage all winter.
Someone just moved up a place in the queue, enjoy your bike when it shows up in December/ January.

I may look again next year but if BMW are still catching up on orders maybe I won't.

My M was delivered to the house today - only 8 days after a conversation with the dealer suggested was going to arrive in Julember. There is hope.

Managed 20 miles before it hurled it down! M seat?s a bit granite-like and neutral has to be sneaked up on from the blind-side of 2nd - but feck me it?s good. Turbine engine, 6th feels like Gen 3 4th and Road mode actually yields some decently damped suspension movement - very different that the plank-like 3 was with my 10 stone pressing down on it. Love all the tech stuff but for me it needs M rearsets and a full system, oh and a Limberger belly pan. Bennetts wouldn?t cover the M as a change from the 3, so I had to get a refund, only to go back with Bennetts via MCN Compare, what a joke!

Can?t wait to get back on it when the roads are a bit drier than flooded.

My M was delivered to the house today - only 8 days after a conversation with the dealer suggested was going to arrive in Julember. There is hope.

Managed 20 miles before it hurled it down! M seat?s a bit granite-like and neutral has to be sneaked up on from the blind-side of 2nd - but feck me it?s good. Turbine engine, 6th feels like Gen 3 4th and Road mode actually yields some decently damped suspension movement - very different that the plank-like 3 was with my 10 stone pressing down on it. Love all the tech stuff but for me it needs M rearsets and a full system, oh and a Limberger belly pan. Bennetts wouldn?t cover the M as a change from the 3, so I had to get a refund, only to go back with Bennetts via MCN Compare, what a joke!

Can?t wait to get back on it when the roads are a bit drier than flooded.

The insurance carry on does sound like a bit of a joke - until you remember its costing you more cash in the end.

I keep thinking about getting one but I?m just not sure?? I still think there are more issues than bmw are letting on, what with the vibrations through the bars and with such a low number of bikes being made something just doesn?t sound right to me????? That said though if they make the paint scheme better then I would take the risk

Back