S1000rr 2016 Colour Scheme

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why don't they just supply black and white bikes and the option to buy the in-fill panels in the colour of your choice? They could pick from the entire BMW car range. (And a separate MS edition too)

crap. :upset: reminds me of when you see old crappy cars with replacement panels from the scrap yard and the owner can't be arsed to paint them the right colour! ....fingers crossed for some improvement in 2017.

If you are aware of the colour schemes from the early noughties on some of the BMW range you'd appreciate the massive improvement. I like it anyway. Makes a change from every 2015 bike I have seen being a motor sports scheme at least lol.

Are you taking the P**h GixxerChuck? lol

I put a deposit down on one a couple of weeks ago, but have since cancelled it, the official TYCO BMW painters will convert a bike to this for around ?1200. Real paint not a wrap!! Am trying to decide whether to convert a 2015 S1000RR or a low mileage HP4 Carbon.

http://www.sbwmotorrad-bmw.com/news/2015/bmw-tyco-s1000rr-limited-edition-replica-2015/
they gave you the choice of the BSB riders. Note the Guy Martin livery I posted. ?21k it's BMW taking the pish!!!

You are right GixxerChuck I think they are taking the pish. The dealer also told me that I could have Guys number on it but I checked today and that is rubbish too. If you see the picture I put up from the TT you'll see I'm a big Guy fan.

Hi soofsayer, ive ridden the 2015 a couple of times and to be honest it seems too fast to me. Might be my imagination and the fact I'm settled into my HP like a pair of old slippers, but the throttle response and much quieter exhaust had me doing silly speeds without realising it. It is a beautiful piece of engineering though, I love the HP and might try to make a good Tyco one and see how it goes. The 2015 MotoGP safety bike is an amazing bit of art and makes the 2014 one look decidedly dreary.

Cant really believe I'm so into this, I never washed my car for the whole of last year!!

Last edited:
You are right GixxerChuck I think they are taking the pish. The dealer also told me that I could have Guys number on it but I checked today and that is rubbish too. If you see the picture I put up from the TT you'll see I'm a big Guy fan.

Hi soofsayer, ive ridden the 2015 a couple of times and to be honest it seems too fast to me. Might be my imagination and the fact I'm settled into my HP like a pair of old slippers, but the throttle response and much quieter exhaust had me doing silly speeds without realising it. It is a beautiful piece of engineering though, I love the HP and might try to make a good Tyco one and see how it goes. The 2015 MotoGP safety bike is an amazing bit of art and makes the 2014 one look decidedly dreary.

Cant really believe I'm so into this, I never washed my car for the whole of last year!!

Tyco is nice , not ?21k though especially for a wrap. Moto GP is a stunner.

lol. I changed my hp4 fairings to the 2014 safety bike scheme but black instead of white, I really like it, and it's fairly unique. I find the problem with the press pictures (like the 2015 safety bike) is it can look a bit shit with all the real world stuff on, I.e. Mirrors and indicators, and none of the digitally enhanced effects to make the picture look so good. Other than that it looks sublime. Reason I said the 2015 bike for the tyco rep was because that's being 'accurate' if you get my meaning, there wasn't a 2014 tyco BMW, I'm not aware of them?

as for cars, my car gets a wash about once every two months these days, used to be almost weekly, much rather be riding or tinkering with the bikes than polishing a 4 wheeled machine that gets stuck in traffic constantly. Wife nearly divorced me the other week when the new hp4 fairings arrived and I disappeared into the garage for 10 minutes that became 7 hours :).

For sale on eBay now:

A 2010 bike, looks the biz. The T in TYCO could be moved to be perfect but it looks one hell of a bike.

This can't be your garage GixxerChuck, there no puddles. LOL

For sale on eBay now:

A 2010 bike, looks the biz. The T in TYCO could be moved to be perfect but it looks one hell of a bike.

This can't be your garage GixxerChuck, there no puddles. LOL
I could see that squeezed into your garage , somewhere !!!

Maybe thought if BMW can charge 5k extra for a wrap he could do the same for paint?

i would have to tidy it up a bit Beavis, but I'd let you ride it down the slippy gangplank, lol

Maybe thought if BMW can charge 5k extra for a wrap he could do the same for paint?

i would have to tidy it up a bit Beavis, but I'd let you ride it down the slippy gangplank, lol
not a feckin chance ! Better idea , build another ;)

Back