S1000rr 2015- tyres/ traction control

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rizzo

Reaction score
Forgive me as I'm about to ask a stupid question. I'm still running in my 1000rr which is shod with Bridgestone S 20's, on two occasions the rear end has felt like its slipped away from me. Both occasions I was at a reasonable angle of lean and on the gas in 3rd gear.
My initial thoughts were this is tyres as if I'm honest I'm not too convinced by them. However, I wondered if it's the traction control kicking in I've felt. Any advice would be appreciated please. Many thanks.

I'm getting my bike in a few weeks and it's shod with the S20,s. I had them on my 20th anniversary fireblade and I thought they were brilliant and I'm no racer just a road rider. I normally have Diablo rossos on and when the S20,s were done I went back to them. My only gripe with the S20,s was tyre life , I normally get about 4/4500 out a rear but with the S 20,s the rear was shot in under 2000 miles. Hope this helps.

The same happened to me. Knocked my confidence big time. Had rsv4 & zx10r and none of them stepped out like like the s1k. Baffled me. I've dropped tyre pressure to 33f & 34r. It's better but still missing something. Had bridgestone 016s on my 10r and had no problems. The s20s are supposed to be better. Not convinced yet.

Loose the S20's as soon as poss mate, had too many slips on them in first 6 weeks. Dunlop Sport Smart 2's all the way now. All condition awesomeness....

I had sportsmarts on mine after getting a puncture after 32 miles. They did just over 10k miles and have pilot power 3's now that need changing soon so any suggestions?

The bike came with Bridgestones and hated them as I had them on my gixer before the s1000 and they kept slipping, they were the 016's though.

It all depends on your use case. If you're going to do lots of fast/track dry miles I would go Pirelli SC V2
Saying that I am happy with the all round performance of the Conti SA2's I'm running..I just believe that the Pirelli's will give more edge grip for track time.
Metzler M7RR's get very highly rated too.

I'm still waiting on a review on the new Metzeler RR's - anyone seen one yet ?

Latest posts

Back