Traction control

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
?The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.?

So, for instance, if you are daft enough to pin the throttle on an overtake, seconds after leaving the house, on a cold damp road with cold tyres, the back wheel might step out a little. That's when you are reassured by the traction control cutting in and all is sensible

The less sensible thing is to keep the throttle pinned to see how the TC handles it :eek-new:

I am happy to report that the TC keeps doing its job until traction is fully achieved :adoration: Have to say, I am very impressed by how unobtrusive it is - the TC on my VFR used to scare the crap out of me on the rare occasion it cut in, really intrusive!

You sound like my my pals, who keep telling me to lean on the TC :)

Taught me a lot in the early days, a gradual increase in throttle out of a turn until tc took control. It's a difficult line to cross without spinning up/crashing. You have to be a bit special to go out and find the the limit straight away without tc....

Latest posts

Back